LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Assateague had some rideable surf, but it was a mess. There's a new sandbar forming and the N-S longshore current was ridiculous. Saw one guy pulled about 300 yards in about 2 minutes just trying to get out. The high winds just made it nasty.

I went to both North End and 1st street, all blown out !! I'm not much a surfer in choppy conditions. Some fins and a boogie board might be good... but not surfing... boo ! I'll wait until it calms down a bit.. Right now it looks like a washing machine !

might be good for skim. looks like things should calm down Saturday.

Right now it looks like more trouble than its worth trying to catch a wave or even get past the white water...

Surfed ocmd wednesday morn early waist-chest some AFRAMES got out of water around 10:30 and its was crap saturday and sunday look fun and early next week!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by delsurf73 View Post
    Surfed ocmd wednesday morn early waist-chest some AFRAMES got out of water around 10:30 and its was crap saturday and sunday look fun and early next week!!!!
    Assateague was nice Wed @ 6:30-10. A little choppy but lined up nice and bigger (shoulder height). Started closing out around noon. Cleaned up about 5:30pm for maybe 45 minutes and caught a few rides, but then really turned nasty.

wendsday from 6-3 was really nice in o.c. and ventnor.

Ima newb too but is it safe to say any wind under like 13 mph regardless of direction will be at least somewhat surfable and not completely blown out?

Images
    VB is just blown out no matter where you go. plus aholes stole my sunglasses and tshirt but not my wallet, keys, or phone. Im so confused.............but hopefully the winds die down here eventually

if you have to ask then yes it does make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    VB is just blown out no matter where you go. plus aholes stole my sunglasses and tshirt but not my wallet, keys, or phone. Im so confused.............but hopefully the winds die down here eventually
    looked kinda fun to me but was off work at 6pm and gotta be back in the morn. at 5:30. Tomorrow night I'll be getting my "drift on".