LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wattss View Post
    So I just did some more reading, and it's actually illegal to sleep in your car in OC :/
    Haters gonna hate. Just say your car is broken down and your waiting on your private tow-truck to come get you....and magically the car starts up in the A.M.

Quote Originally Posted by pyroarchy View Post
    Haters gonna hate. Just say your car is broken down and your waiting on your private tow-truck to come get you....and magically the car starts up in the A.M.
    ^+1 Gets the people off your back because you have "help" on the way.

Images
    No OC overnight, they'll bust you. Assateague might work, Frisco is awesome. If you go late and leave early just tell em you were just in there for a surf check. (site B12 is the best)

I think Treasure Beach in Fenwick still allows tent camping.

5. Last time I camped assateague, I met a dude that sleeps there every night without paying. We woke up and he was sleeping under our picnic table, he said he figured it would be cool cause he saw our boards. I guess he just hid all day and showed up late night. pretty wild

Another option

You might try tactfull asking someone camping by themselves, or other surfers camping if they would mind sharing their site, saves you both money.

did this in cali and found out the hard way that **** books up way, way in advance. if you drive through campsites you're bound to find one that someone didn't show up to. sneak it for the night and bail early.

Images
    I have ran into the same problem in the past. There are a few small camps around that might not be as crowded- i stayed here and it was sweet! Toms Campgrounds http://www.tomscovepark.com/

Down at assatesgue we slept in the back of our truck. Camping is hard. When will you be down next?

camping at assateque this time of year can be a drag anyway as the mosquitos are unthinkable (it might be different if you are on one of the beachside campsites) I camped there about 3 years ago and could not even go out of the tent or car. i actually don't get biten much either and am generally not sqeemish about bugs.

not that it helps but in the northwest they are really cool about sleeping in your car at reststops. i travelled around to a bunch of skateparks in Oragon and Washington state and slept at rest stops and cooked on a camping stove. I wish the east coast was a little more chill about it.