LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Images
    yea i dont expect alot of people to do it the first time around cus its new but i hope theres enough people to hold the contest. so tell your friends abou it

Images
    If you do it under ESA you will definately get enough people.

yeah id love to do another comp the last and only one i did was rcbb...the first one
    i took 3rd in open dk somehow

Quote Originally Posted by oc sponger View Post
    i know im thinking about do it seperate. me and my dad are thinking about it

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha

good luck

Images
    wtf is your problem about this

They also tried to do this 10 years ago in the middle 90s b/c we were complaining about when they ran our heats, judging, etc. The few bodyboarding-only contest they had were fun and had a decent turnout [for ESA Comps at that time], but I dont think any new riders entered.

My suggestion would to have it at OCI, as its way more consistent than North or SS. Plus, if there is not a real swell, OCI can still be extremely fun and bolwy even at stomach high+.

Images

inconsistent

South side is way too inconsistent to have a tourny. You are going to have to delay it like 10 times. Good luck with that.

Images
    You would have better chances having the contest in MD which allows easier access, more free parking opportunities & chance for swell. The idea of holding an ESA or any other contest @ SS will NOT go over well with the local BBERS, especially on a waiting period during the fall.

The idea is wishful thinking & your intentions may be to promote BBING locally, but you seriously need to consider the locals that ride there all the time. I certainly am not going to be open to a lot of new faces show up on a really good swell in the fall & have someone associated with the contest say we can't surf our normal break because they have a permit for the day. The fall is what we look forward to; the chance of swells increase, lifeguards & bulk of the tourist's are gone & the weather/water is still nice.

yeah i agree with chuck, plus i dont kno many bbers that can ride ss anyways, asking for lots of injuries and itd be difficult to showcase talent when u dont kno how to ride a break like ss. keep it in oc!!

Images

Thumbs up

i know art just recomended having it there but i want to have it at the inlet and i agree more free parking and access and i think more riders would come and chances are higher for a swell to