LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_robinson View Post
    MDsurfer, keep posting pictures you take the best pictures on the beach. O, ya I live in PA
    Sorry for the double post but really couldn't help my self.

Images
    I knew someone was going to post that. I am saying that he has no idea who the guy he is talking to is. He is one of the best bodyboarders in OC. Sure MDsurfer takes good picture. I respect him for that, but just because you take good pictures doesn't mean you own the beach.

My 2 cents

A contest would be an amazing idea and i hope all efforts to get one started will prosper but... You blowin up a spot that dosent need it well here is the thing... Ive rode the spot since i was 16 now 23, 7 years there and being in the crew of locals that rides it nearly every bump im gonna say this very nice.... ANY Contest at SS not blessed by the LOCALS will result in bad bad news.. For gods sake the lifeguards nearly end up beat down every decent swell.. I wouldnt go as far as to say a fight would happen but.. If an event was there and it was pumping and you tried to tell me i couldnt go in I would more than liekly spit in your face and make the dash for the lineup....

stefhan

Images

Talking

Im Not Having It At Southside

Images
    And MDsurfer chill out

Regardless, if it happens, I'm stoked. I'll be on it. It's easier for me if it's in MD anyway.

Images

Talking Cool

yo, you guys really love SS. I am definatly going to come and check you guys out when it gets big. I would love to see you guys ride. I am only 16 and my brother and cousin are both younger than me. We got to check you out. I probably won't go in because it sounds like you guys will kill me if I go in. Where do you guys go, right next to the rocks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_robinson View Post
    I probably won't go in because it sounds like you guys will kill me if I go in.
    That's not the case, but if you are new to the lineup, don't paddle to the peak. Stay on the outskirts, or away from the pack. We all know who the locals are & which ones get the better waves when they come around.

What we don't care for is someone who has seen a picture of Colin on Surfline, etc & then a whole bunch of new & seriously inexperienced riders for many Delmarva breaks, let alone SS paddle out clueless. Colin has put in plenty of time surfing & BBING there to know how to get good waves. Right after the photos were posted of Colin on Surfline, that's exactly what happened.

The following swell the Saturday after produced guys surfing & BBING I have never seen @ SS or anywhere else paddle out & blow the takeoff or eat it on the inside. While on the inside getting pounded, they even bailed on their boards providing an obstacle course for the others riding the next wave. That swell wasn't even that big & it was happening. We certainly don't want a bunch of new, inexperienced riders doing cartwheels down the face & turning the inside into a slalom course on a sizeable/good swell.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by chuck white View Post
    That's not the case, but if you are new to the lineup, don't paddle to the peak. Stay on the outskirts, or away from the pack. We all know who the locals are & which ones get the better waves when they come around.

What we don't care for is someone who has seen a picture of Colin on Surfline, etc & then a whole bunch of new & seriously inexperienced riders for many Delmarva breaks, let alone SS paddle out clueless. Colin has put in plenty of time surfing & BBING there to know how to get good waves. Right after the photos were posted of Colin on Surfline, that's exactly what happened.

The following swell the Saturday after produced guys surfing & BBING I have never seen @ SS or anywhere else paddle out & blow the takeoff or eat it on the inside. While on the inside getting pounded, they even bailed on their boards providing an obstacle course for the others riding the next wave. That swell wasn't even that big & it was happening. We certainly don't want a bunch of new, inexperienced riders doing cartwheels down the face & turning the inside into a slalom course on a sizeable/good swell.

The jetty wedges up on a small, medium, south swell, that is good enough for me right now.

Images

Cool chill

Everyone needs to chill out about this all i am doin is making a bodyboarding contest cus i want to spread bodyboarding around maryland get more people involved