LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ended the summer with a bang

What a great day of Surf yesterday, HH+ w/light offshores and clean wedges where I was at, people were out but it was spread out, good waves tend to do that to a crowd, one of the best days in recent memory... how'd youse guys do?

Swell continues today btw, still up to chest high maybe some plus sets at a few spots and glassy. Couldn't have ended the summer any better!

Knee high chop. Usually SC mess. Had a few good rides, but I was missing the clean stuff we had Friday morning.

What's funny is I stopped off at one of my other go-to spots but it was kinda wonky out, it had size but was chasing peaks around like a mirage, so I packed up and went 10 minutes south to my other spot it was like night & day, perfect conditions, majority of waves I caught were HH, couple I was looking up at, very fun

Shut Up DawnP! Lmao. Just kidding. Glad ya had a good day man!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroevol View Post
    Shut Up DawnP! Lmao. Just kidding. Glad ya had a good day man!
    HAHA Not trying to rub it in, but with all the complaining of this hurricane season, I thought i'd throw some positive vibes, it wasn't that good everywhere, I just happened to pick the best spot

Yeah, we had a super fun day in Central Florida too! And then stopped by to watch some awesome surfers at SebInlet contest. Glad you had a great day too today might be even cleaner, but duty calls

Ya its been decent down here the past few days. Heard it was a little bigger toward Jacksonville. Smyrna was easily chest to head.

I think I need to start taking weekend trips to FL.

If you go to Ponce or New Smyrna chances are you will at least score a rideable wave. Just about every day there is at least something here to ride. Down side though is the crowd. Local here are very aggro too! Sebastian breaks but not nearly as often as Smyrna or Ponce.

Ponce is basically just the North jetty and Smyrna is the South jetty. If driving there about 30 minutes apart because you have to go all the way around. If the swell is more southeast Ponce side usually picks it up better.

During a big hurricane or storm swell when its messy as hell and like a washing machine everywhere, it usually forms a nice wave inside the inlet. The current is pretty extreme but you can usually get a pretty good ride because its sheltered inside the inlet. After you take a good ride the way the beach is inside you just walk back and jump off the jetty to the peak.

Quote Originally Posted by wavehog1 View Post
    If you go to Ponce or New Smyrna chances are you will at least score a rideable wave. Just about every day there is at least something here to ride. Down side though is the crowd. Local here are very aggro too! Sebastian breaks but not nearly as often as Smyrna or Ponce.

Ponce is basically just the North jetty and Smyrna is the South jetty. If driving there about 30 minutes apart because you have to go all the way around. If the swell is more southeast Ponce side usually picks it up better.

During a big hurricane or storm swell when its messy as hell and like a washing machine everywhere, it usually forms a nice wave inside the inlet. The current is pretty extreme but you can usually get a pretty good ride because its sheltered inside the inlet. After you take a good ride the way the beach is inside you just walk back and jump off the jetty to the peak.
    This is all true but not the location I was at (this time), There was a spot about 45 minutes South that was going off, so I went there instead for a shorter drive and it paid off