Thanks for all the advice. I have researched HHI enough and watched it for years to know that Folly is by far better and more consistent, but like I said, there is potential that I could be MOVING to HHI, so I really want to just check that area out and see what it will really be like to Live on the island as a surfer. Only being there for a week, im not "looking to score" really, i just think there will be waves and I would like to paddle out at Burkes or somewhere that breaks when there is swell, just to see what the conditions are really like down there.... Now, if I moved there, for sure I would have to drive up to Charleston all the time etc...

My wife's cousin and husband actually stole one of my boards and took it with them when they moved from San Diego about 6 years ago... I am not confident that an old beater is still there though, so I might be stuck shredding on a foamie down there! Yeah buddy!

Ohh well, like I said, I live in OB in SD and have surf all the time, so i will by no means be jonesing for surf, as I will leave behind my favorite west coast month (Sept) as the super fun, bigger SW hurricane swells grace the west coast right as you guys get your best months too.... SD has much bigger months in the winter, but Trunking it in september in SD is my favorite time of year for sure....

Anyway, thanks for the tips guys....

P.S. I will be flyin into charleston... so there are probably folly shops that rent decent boards, no?