LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: sharrrrkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by jay314 View Post
    I was out today...Early this morning... Waiting on a descent set to come.. Saw air bubbles coming up in front of me.. Thought of this thread, freaked me out! Started paddling backwards, saw the bubbles again about 6 foot in front of me. Seaweed floating around me.. One surfer to my left just catches a dinky wave.. I'm on a body board thinking S***.. Shouldn't of read this crap haha.. Needles to say I moved down but didn't go in. I have been going out for so many years... needless to say I am still paranoid everytime.
    get out of the water....it's a home for sharks and other nasties.

Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    get out of the water....it's a home for sharks and other nasties.
    haha yeah.. and leave more room for you? Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by KillaKiel View Post
    I'm lovin the comments, however, do any of y'all surf up around that 61st Street structure in VB? I have been out there with a buddy both times I saw something "hit" a fish (I would assume) twice this year (once during this swell). Perhaps it was one hell of a bluefish or something else. Never have I seen this so early anywhere around VB. Scared my buddy and I out both times. Say what ya want, but I lack the etiquette to greet whatever he/she is.

I totally wanted to give whatever it was a piece of my mind. Rollin up like that is about as bad as an SUP droppin in on you with a whole beach at his disposal. Sure didn't look like Flipper though. OP, I feel ya. Something totally needs to be done about these rude creatures. I wanna see my tax dollars at work! Curious fish with teeth, stay off my beach!
    Yep - was out at 61st on Saturday with a buddy. I paddled once and hit something big with my left hand. Figured it for a bluefish. about 10 minutes later my buddy did the same, and then starts screaming about a shark. there was a 4-5 ft blacktip shark cruising right by. we freaked and got out. Been surfing here all my life and never been that close (knowingly).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    Also, not all sharks are aggressive man-eaters.......and many of them are often mistaken for whales.
    Its the ones mistaken for whales that tend to hurry me from the water..........

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    I snaked a shark last weekend and he keyed my truck before taking off.
    Best one hands...... or is it fins down!!.......Had a guy off of Hatty last year in a 15 ft boat greeted by a Great White. He thought it was pretty cool till he noticed the shark was bigger than his boat and it kept bumping the dinner table hoping some scraps would fall off.. He was only a cpl miles out.

Images
    While I was surfing yesterday, my dad caught 3 sharks they were about 2ft. I still went back out in the water after he told me this though, haha. (Virginia Beach)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyz View Post
    While I was surfing yesterday, my dad caught 3 sharks they were about 2ft. I still went back out in the water after he told me this though, haha. (Virginia Beach)
    most likely your dad caught sandsharks aka dogfish which are MUCH less likely of bothering you than a bluefish is of taking off your pinky toe

Images
    I'm a shark and I commute 3 hours to the beach both ways because I make so much money. I hear other sharks and p***y dolphins whining because the have a 45minute commute. Must be because they don't have huge shark balls like me. I eat locals because I'm better than them and they're delicious.

We got salmon sharks up here and the salmon are arriving.Oh yeah, and orcas. And brown bears on the beach. Bears do a lot more damage up here than sharks. Carnage lately. Gotta be vigilant when mountain biking. Pepper spray on the handlebars and a Serbu super shorty strapped to the top tube. It's like riding single track through a war zone. You never know what's around the next bend waiting to chew your face...good times. Something's gonna get ya someday.

There was a shark out this morning. Same beach in Montauk. I am getting the feeling that this is the same shark though, and just lost.