LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    If your looking for a career- almost any job with flex hours would work easily... get any dawn patrol you want and still make it home for dinner... and - daylight permitting- the after dinner session.

I had a position as a service tech a few years ago, covered the north east for a company that provides service to pharmaceutical laboratories, was easily able to schedule around swells all the time- even schedule trips along the coast following the swell- and hit up some sick surf at many spots where I would never travel to surf before (CT/RI, MA, NH) even spent extra days camping/surfing in these areas... no college required... just a good tech/trade school...
    Last edited by walkingonh2o; Jun 19, 2012 at 05:18 PM.

I'd say being a street pharmacist along the beach, sales down? Grab your board and get with it!

Ask Fred Garvin.

Images
    Prostitution?! O' I meant sales.

I work 12 days a month as an ICU nurse. Long 12 hour shifts but i get to surf a lot. I could get week off easily without taking vacation hours. It's a rewarding full time job and pay is decent and benefits but it's not for everybody. You can work anywhere around in whatever setting you prefer. If want to earn more money, if that's your thing, you just work more because overtime opportunities are always there. There is also pathways for advance nursing degrees like nurse practitioners and nurse anesthetist which significantly increase your earning potential if you decide to do so later.

2nd shift is the way to go. Jumped on an opportunity in financial services to do global ops work for offshore clients (working different time zones). You'll figure it out. Not a lot of ppl enjoy those shifts so they are not that hard to get, and you'll prob get a differential too. Not to mention never missing a full morning of surf!

Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolbeans View Post
    I work 12 days a month as an ICU nurse. Long 12 hour shifts...
    Thank you. I couldn't do it and it's nice still breathing.

Working for an airline is great if you can handle the life
    style (working wknds, odd hours for years
    moving around a lot, high rate of divorce etc)
    You usually travel free and can trade
    days off.