LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Another sharrrrkk

Guess these guys are pissed off this year...a 6 year old got bit in Ocean Isle Beach, NC this afternoon. She was taken to the hospital with bite wounds but OK. Lived in this area for 20 years and don't EVER remeber this many bites. I do remember Florida's summer of the shark a few years back though. Maybe we should get Steve O. to come out here to the east coast with a hook in his mouth as human bait to see if we can snag one!

Quote Originally Posted by imperial View Post
    Guess these guys are pissed off this year...a 6 year old got bit in Ocean Isle Beach, NC this afternoon. She was taken to the hospital with bite wounds but OK. Lived in this area for 20 years and don't EVER remeber this many bites. I do remember Florida's summer of the shark a few years back though. Maybe we should get Steve O. to come out here to the east coast with a hook in his mouth as human bait to see if we can snag one!
    yes, publish more of these stories to keep the crowds down THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by imperial View Post
    Yeah I saw that on News channel 3/ Crazy

Images
    Was kinda sharky at Topsail Island Saturday morning but I contributed this to the 6 shrimp boats that were trolling back and forth out in front of me.

Images
    Although some larger sharks are seen off OBX because offshore depth, the crystal coast area in NC is historically the sharkiest on the entire east coast, aside from FL... Everything I have ever read about WB and CB and all those areas is that there are all kinds of medium size guys trolling around.... they have always been there.... Just look at the shark archives...

Anyone see this news: http://www.surfline.com/surfdata/loc...heast&id=71744

On Friday afternoon June 15, 2012, a 5to6 ft shark was seen at 4:20 pm and 6:15pm at Croatan Jetty. On Sunday June 17, 2012 a 5to6 ft shark was seen 4 times in front of the 1st lifeguard stand at Croatan Jetty and 15 minutes later the same shark was seen thrashing about closer to the rocks at Croatan Jetty. 5 people saw the Shark on Friday and 12 people saw the shark on Sunday. If you Surf Croatan Jetty keep your eyes open, the shark has been seen close to the shore in depths of 6 to 12 ft of water. This is a no b.s. there are plenty of people who have seen the shark and exited the water.
    Just wondering since it coincides with the sandbridge discussion and the fake shark reporting suggestions. First sighting was at 4:20 too, hmm........

Images
    Yea....there are millions of sharks off the FLA coast....guess all you NJ-er's should stay there. "Surfing sucks! Don't try it!"

How about this one from Perth WA yesterday?

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...620-20o7w.html

I've seen two in the lineup....looked like some kind of dogfish shark

Quote Originally Posted by nickzilla720 View Post
    I've seen two in the lineup....looked like some kind of dogfish shark
    I drank a couple of dogfish's last night...eerie