LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iri, de

Question Iri, de

I saw on another thread that IRI was "messed up". I surfed there for many years but haven't been back in several as I've moved south. So what happened to it?

With the new bridge it was a bit of a walk from the new parking area but not bad.

I really liked the crowd there and the long right could hold a pretty good swell.

Please, delete this thread.

Images
    Still insanely crowded even with the lessor quality. People dropping in on each other etc, it's a Zoo over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Scbe View Post
    I saw on another thread that IRI was "messed up". I surfed there for many years but haven't been back in several as I've moved south. So what happened to it?

With the new bridge it was a bit of a walk from the new parking area but not bad.

I really liked the crowd there and the long right could hold a pretty good swell.
    Maybe you could PM whoever said that in a other thread and get your answer. I think the moderators of this site frown on posting about specific breaks...even ones that suck

It hasn't been good for about 3 or 4 years, with all the sand pumping....the only time it does get good is when there is a large swell....but don't tell all floods of people that surf there that...let 'em keep crowding a dead break...lol

But as much as it sucks now, in "06 when Ernesto came through...it was the biggest, cleanest and most beautiful waves I have ever been out in on the east coast.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Jun 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM.

Oh boy let's not tell people about the secret north side of indian river

Lol, this was from two days ago

Images
    hahaha is that guy trying to ride 2 boards at once or is he running somebody over?

Images
    He's running someone over.

Images
    This spot has been blown up for a long time. No need to act like it's a secret.....When it is big and firing the crowds are minimal.