LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    its been consistently small.
    normally it's consistently flat. small is an improvement. & as mr. swellinfo said, the swell we've had has been above average for the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Irish View Post
    2 more yesterday. One off Seaside Park and one off Asbury Park. Wonder if the beach replenishment has anything to do with the developing rip currents. I remember in the late 90s, there was a quite a few drownings one summer after a major beach replensishment effort. With three kids, always teaching to respect and never underestimate the ocean.

you know what, i would be willing to bet that you could tie the 2 together. pumped in sand tends to be more coarse than the natural sand & thus unstable, so it'll be moved around easier, creating weak spots along the beach for water to punch through & create a rip.
    good spot, uncle!

I call it 'Bridge Syndrome'. People cross the bridge into a beach town and all common sense goes out the window.

two things:

Minorities can't swim

Minorities show up after the gaurds are off duty.

If you don't believe me go down to the beach tonight after 5pm. it's ethnic swim in the atlantic. 98% of the drowning victims are minorities.

If you can't swim stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I call it 'Bridge Syndrome'. People cross the bridge into a beach town and all common sense goes out the window.
    Ever heard of a JOV? Any time you're more than 50 miles from home = Jackazz On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    people, esp. summer people, frequently forget the 2 cardinal rules of dealing w/ the ocean: 1. never turn your back on the ocean & 2. when in doubt, don't go out.
    there's also the unfortunately high likelihood that at least some of the victims were actually quite strong swimmers...in the pool. i can't tell you the number of times that i pulled "good" or "strong" lap swimmers out of rips in my 10 years as a guard. people just don't get that all water is not created equal. flat water/pool swimming is nothing at all like open water/rough water swimming.
    Never turn your back on the ocean? Your a grade A f*ggot.

lmao~!! I hear ya!

Quote Originally Posted by bbking View Post
    Never turn your back on the ocean? Your a grade A f*ggot.
    KOOK. Learn how not to be a d.u.mb. a.s..ss

Most of Monmouth County turns into Essex county after 5pm. It's one thing if you're trying to save the few $$ on buying a couple of badges, but some of these people are downright meatheads...stay on the sand. Last year I had to stop 6 black kids from trying to pull the lifeguard boat into the water after hours. They had the thing almost in the water and the younger kids (maybe 7-9 years old) were already in the boat ready to set sail. The older guys doing the pushing stared at me like I was the f'n idiot for telling them not to do it. Savages. With the amount of publicity all these drownings are getting, you'd think these dumb bastards would get it through their heads that the ocean will eat you if you can't swim. My buddy pulled 3 people out of the water last night in AP.....one guy was almost all the way under. Could've been another to add to the list if he didn't happen to be in the water. Now I'm reading in the APP that they're looking to ban swimming after 5pm due to yesterdays casualties. Good luck with that.

Most of Monmouth County turns into Essex county after 5pm.
    Asbury Park aka "Newark-by-the-Sea"