Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This is crazy

black people drown more because they wear their clothes in the beach

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme*Liquidshredda View Post
    black people drown more because they wear their clothes in the beach
    and aquasocks

Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    thanks spongedude i rest my case.

the two most recent drownings in AP and Seaside were both minorities swimming after hours.

tonight in belmar i watched them pull 5 younger black kids from a rip on 19th at 630pm.

i'm not trying to be racist just calling it how i see it.
    You're a freaking moron. You don't even have basic reading comprehension skills much less the mental capacity to understand statistical differences.

"Calling it how I see it...." In your little microcosm of a NJ beach that happens to be within driving distance of a more urban area. This is the definition of ANECDOTAL (too many syllables for you?)

Are MINORITIES ONLY BLACK PEOPLE? Man, could have fooled me.

BTW, IHLB, no one ever called you "racist." But, knuckledraggers like you don't know the difference between bigotry and racism. That's why people constantly hear other morons like you wearing out the "racism" word when it is rarely applicable to a situation.

Pull your head out of your ass toolbag. The air is much nicer out here in the real world...
    Last edited by Erock; Jun 22, 2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: To be clear...

Images
    nothing worse than an overly sensitive liberal toolbag (erock). Jeez dude, open you eyes! Yes there are some generalizations on here regarding drownings but c'mon man open your eyes. Just cause some one calls it as they see it doesn't make them racist or bigoted.

Quote Originally Posted by ragdolling View Post
    Okay, here's the difference between the way an intelligent open minded person (person A) and an ignorant moron (Person B) interprets both the apparent data and the anecdotal evidence about most NJ drowning victims being minorities.

Person A looks at the situation and then possibly looks at other factors including demographic stats that might show more minorities tend to live in urban areas. They might then inquire about the piss poor availability of swim lessons to urban minority populations and determine that yes, people from urban NJ are probably more likely to be minority and less likely to have ever taken swim lessons. They might then conclude that perhaps more education is needed in urban areas to prevent these tragedies, or something to that effect.

Person B looks at the situation and says, "Minorities can't swim."
    Well said.

And as far as the,
    If you don't believe me go down to the beach tonight after 5pm. it's ethnic swim in the atlantic. 98% of the drowning victims are minorities.
    goes, that's completely irrelevant. I'm not saying it's false, because it's undoubtedly true at my local big beach (Smiths Point). It's funny this was mentioned because starting this weekend they are now charging $4 (normally $15 from 8am-5pm) for anyone parking 5pm-8pm. I'm sure this will curb many going to the beach for free at the stroke of 5 (including me). This pisses me off. And also, it might even have to do with drownings - since I'm guessing the beach will be lifeguarded as well during these extended hours. They've never done this in their history. My guess is it's just Suffolk county getting more $$$. [Yes I swayed lots from the original post, but I needed to vent...my evening surf sesh's are gonna take a slash now].

They might then conclude that perhaps more education is needed in urban areas to prevent these tragedies, or something to that effect.
    OR if you know you can't swim and know you will be in the ocean not knowing how to swim, TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and obtain the necessary knowledge....

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    nothing worse than an overly sensitive liberal toolbag (erock). Jeez dude, open you eyes! Yes there are some generalizations on here regarding drownings but c'mon man open your eyes. Just cause some one calls it as they see it doesn't make them racist or bigoted.
    This takes the cake! I have now been accused of being BOTH a right wing conservative AND a sensitive liberal on SI. Too funny.

LOSTsoul, pick up a dictionary sometime. Nothing specious or anecdotal about me calling out a couple people for being bigots. Don't even try to say that part of this thread wasn't going straight into the gutter.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    OR if you know you can't swim and know you will be in the ocean not knowing how to swim, TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY and obtain the necessary knowledge....
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    This takes the cake! I have now been accused of being BOTH a right wing conservative AND a sensitive liberal on SI. Too funny.

LOSTsoul, pick up a dictionary sometime. Nothing specious or anecdotal about me calling out a couple people for being bigots. Don't even try to say that part of this thread wasn't going straight into the gutter.

Agreed.
    The generalizations that people make are pretty much spot on... but their delivery could use some work... my beach has the same issues... after the lifeguards close up its like everyone from brooklyn hits the beach... they are for the most part african-american. And that is when most of the drowning incidents take place...
    I was jogging through riis park around 7pm a few nights ago and a group of 8 or 10 black kids, maybe they were 14 or so asked me if the beach was still open... all I said was "don't you go in the water! you'll drown!".... they looked shocked... but for all I know maybe they listened to me.

hahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha

i'm not trying to be a ****, minorities can't swim!

Images
    Hi. My name is Erock. I just learned the meaning of anecdotal and now I use it all the time in every thread to sound smart, thinking that i'm the only one that know's what it means. On top of that, I make fun of people who aren't as smart as me because I'm a bigot. Then to top it off I use the word specious to really amp up the "tool factor".