LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    98% of the drowning victims are minorities.
    Cite your sources on that one, I looked hard and couldn't find anything close to that.

You biggoted phvckers need to learn something other than anecdotal evidence to support your retarded statements. Must be hard, though, when you're mouth breathing and worrying about "those" people on "your beach."

There are idiots everywhere, no matter their race.... y'all are prime examples

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Cite your sources on that one, I looked hard and couldn't find anything close to that.

You biggoted phvckers need to learn something other than anecdotal evidence to support your retarded statements. Must be hard, though, when you're mouth breathing and worrying about "those" people on "your beach."

bravo!!!this dude said it.i agree with u 100%as far as people drowning,you shouldnt be in the ocean if you cant swim.its suicide!!!even swimming in the bay,there are steep drop offs.when i was a youngin,i was terrified when u walked in up to the sandbar,and u feel it ripping apart under your feet.i almost had a heart attack my first day at the beach,in sandy hook many many years ago.the ocean is a changing environment.i always swim out to where u cant toouch,beyond the breakers,so my feet dont get eatin by those damn horseshoe crabs.always be calm and keep your breathing down.you will always float as long as there is air in your lungs.it took me years to learn that.the second u swallow water,its not good.know your limits,when in doubt,dont go out...if you think your cool,go in a pool.if you think u can swim,youll never win.

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    Know your limits,when in doubt,dont go out...if you think your cool,go in a pool.if you think u can swim,youll never win.
    I didn't realize I'd be following the rhyme master, Reverend Sharpton, but the dude makes a point.

Images

uh oh... some facts

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post

•Minorities: Between 2000 and 2007, the fatal unintentional
    drowning rate for African Americans across all
    ages was 1.2 times that of whites. For American Indians
    and Alaskan Natives, this rate was 1.7 times that of
    whites.
    •Minorities: Rates of fatal drowning are notably higher
    among these populations in certain age groups. The
    fatal drowning rate of African American children ages 5
    to 14 is 3.1 times that of white children in the same age
    range. For American Indian and Alaskan Native children,
    the fatal drowning rate is 2.2 times higher than for
    white children. (U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2007)

while minorities (specifically african americans and native americans) have a significant higher proportion of drowning deaths, claims like that made from the hater are specious and groundless (but they probably make him feel better about himself). these stats have a lot to do with opportunity and cultural imperative. in other words, if you don't have access to a place to swim, you are unlikely to learn.

what iS true is that about 80% of all drowning victims are MALE (Laosee, OC, Gilchrist, J, Rudd, R. Drowning 2005-2009. MMWR 2012;00(00)-p. (NA)), so THERE'S your darwinian imperative: get out there and help thin the herd....

Quote Originally Posted by spongedude View Post
    •Minorities: Between 2000 and 2007, the fatal unintentional
    drowning rate for African Americans across all
    ages was 1.2 times that of whites. For American Indians
    and Alaskan Natives, this rate was 1.7 times that of
    whites.
    •Minorities: Rates of fatal drowning are notably higher
    among these populations in certain age groups. The
    fatal drowning rate of African American children ages 5
    to 14 is 3.1 times that of white children in the same age
    range. For American Indian and Alaskan Native children,
    the fatal drowning rate is 2.2 times higher than for
    white children. (U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2007)

while minorities (specifically african americans and native americans) have a significant higher proportion of drowning deaths, claims like that made from the hater are specious and groundless (but they probably make him feel better about himself). these stats have a lot to do with opportunity and cultural imperative. in other words, if you don't have access to a place to swim, you are unlikely to learn.

what iS true is that about 80% of all drowning victims are MALE (Laosee, OC, Gilchrist, J, Rudd, R. Drowning 2005-2009. MMWR 2012;00(00)-p. (NA)), so THERE'S your darwinian imperative: get out there and help thin the herd....
    spongedude..... you ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by In the Soup View Post
    This year seems like their has been alot more drowning than normal in NJ. There has definitely been more swell moving though this summer than in past years. Me being a lifeguard it seems crazy i keep hearing about someone else drowning. Should we have been called to duty earlier?
    No, your job is to be shoob beach babysitter (between 10-5, late may thru early sept.). No tourists, no job. Besides unless your gonna be at work sun up til sun down (and even then) people are gonna get in over their heads, they all seem think the ocean is the same as their pool or local lake/pond.

thanks spongedude i rest my case.

the two most recent drownings in AP and Seaside were both minorities swimming after hours.

tonight in belmar i watched them pull 5 younger black kids from a rip on 19th at 630pm.

i'm not trying to be racist just calling it how i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by bbking View Post
    Never turn your back on the ocean? Your a grade A f*ggot.
    how do you figure? it's basic common sense, moron.

btw, it's "you're".

oh, & mr. swellinfo, i believe i received a warning last year for this sort of language.

Cleaning out the gene pool

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    Too many people think life should be handed to them on a silver platter and walk through life oblivious to the dangers around them. Darwin is just cleaning out the gene pool.
    Im sure you wouldn't be saying that to the kids parents.Show some respect!

Quote Originally Posted by ihatelongboarders View Post
    two things:

Minorities can't swim
    Okay, here's the difference between the way an intelligent open minded person (person A) and an ignorant moron (Person B) interprets both the apparent data and the anecdotal evidence about most NJ drowning victims being minorities.

Person A looks at the situation and then possibly looks at other factors including demographic stats that might show more minorities tend to live in urban areas. They might then inquire about the piss poor availability of swim lessons to urban minority populations and determine that yes, people from urban NJ are probably more likely to be minority and less likely to have ever taken swim lessons. They might then conclude that perhaps more education is needed in urban areas to prevent these tragedies, or something to that effect.

Person B looks at the situation and says, "Minorities can't swim."