LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Images

Which Trip and Flights make sense

My buddy and I are throwing around a couple ideas for our surf trip in April 2013. We are going through tons of scenarios for our trip, which will be just over two weeks. We have a week of timeshare to mess with if we want, and we are thinking of doing a boat trip for the other week.
    Places that at the top of the list right now:
    Metawais for a week on a boat, then Bali for a week in condo
    Morocco and south Africa
    Tavarua and main Fiji or Samoa

Have considered Micro, Philippines, Maldives, Australia...
    Trying to stay away from Central America as we can get there easy enough any other time.

If you have any recommendations on Airlines and boat trips, etc, I'd appreciate the info. We are leaning towards the Metawais/Bali, but are also thinking that we are in our late 20's and pretty soon we will likely be married with kids, so lets have some fun and go somewhere that we don't have to worry about that sh*t yet. So maybe some other place that is less family friendly is where we should go.

Thanks

Sounds like a dream trip. Looks like New Zealand might be firing in April:

http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/be...zealand_68762/

Quote Originally Posted by delawaredell View Post
    ...We are leaning towards the Metawais/Bali, but are also thinking that we are in our late 20's and pretty soon we will likely be married with kids, so lets have some fun and go somewhere that we don't have to worry about that sh*t yet. So maybe some other place that is less family friendly is where we should go.

Thanks
    I cant even figure out what this means!? Spending a week on a boat in the Ments and then another week in Bali is TOO family friendly a place for your surf trip???

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by South Bethany View Post
    I cant even figure out what this means!? Spending a week on a boat in the Ments and then another week in Bali is TOO family friendly a place for your surf trip???
    It seems like bali is place I would take my family someday. It's pretty touristy and safe to travel. It's not that it's TOO family friendly, rather I'm asking is there someplace that I should definitely go to now before i have a family in the next 5 years. There will likely be other surf trips before I have a family, but I don't want to be taking my kids to bad places.
    Never been there, so maybe my perception of it being a safe resort area is wrong

ah..got it.

Ments/Bali = dream trip.

but i see your point...you might not take the wife and kids to Morocco or Namibia

Images
    ah..got it.

Ments/Bali = dream trip.

but i see your point...you might not take the wife and kids to Morocco or Namibia
    Precisely.

but anyway, does anyone have any knowledge on any of these places regarding best locations for flights, layovers, surf boats they recommend, etc. We are in the newark de area so are fine with Dulles, Regan, BWI, Phil, JFK, etc.

being married and having kids is going to make it much harder to go anywhere. Just pick the place you want to go most and go. Have the biggest adventure with the best surf you can. You don't know where you'll be in a few years, so don't plan this trip as though you'll soon be taking the wife and kids to Bali, no problem (although, much easier if money isn't an issue).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brek View Post
    being married and having kids is going to make it much harder to go anywhere. Just pick the place you want to go most and go. Have the biggest adventure with the best surf you can. You don't know where you'll be in a few years, so don't plan this trip as though you'll soon be taking the wife and kids to Bali, no problem (although, much easier if money isn't an issue).
    Who is worried about money? Obama said he'd pay for it.
    No, we got a year to save up and it will be an awesome trip and it will be worth it. still, cheap beer and women is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by delawaredell View Post
    Who is worried about money? Obama said he'd pay for it.
    No, we got a year to save up and it will be an awesome trip and it will be worth it. still, cheap beer and women is a plus.
    I was talking about money being an issue when you have a wife and kids. Much easier to pay for a trip when it's just you, but multiply that by 3 or 4.....not to mention all of the other fiscal responsibilities you'll likely be carrying. By all means, go nuts now.

I think what he is seeking is perfect waves, cheap beer, good food, and beautiful, clean, easy women.
    I mean...thats what I'm looking for....