LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wanna Fish?

Greatest Fish Ever Made. Have fun!!!!

lis fish.jpg

kid... a fish is a good choice. I'm a lover of all things fishy. But I must say that there are a few modern refinements that have improved on the design considerably. I'm not saying the Lis Fish is a bad design... it's a great design, even in it's original form, and I hold it in high regard, and with great respect. But even materials have improved, let alone design tweaks, that have made the "retro fish" concept even more relevant in the modern surfing world.

[IMG][/IMG]
    This is the Slop Rod, built off the round nose fish rockers with a single to double concave with alot of vee off the tail. Small bump wings help it turn, and the nose is left full to catch waves easy. Its a blen between a MiniSimms and a Round Nose fish. I can do full round house cuttys on a 1 foot face turns great catches ankel high surf, its fantastic. Runs off Futrue Controller Quad fins. Mine is EPS/Epoxy contysrtuction for even more float.
    The one you see is 5'6" x 21-3/4 " x 2-3/8" thick. CXatches the smallest ripple and is super fun in surf up to chest high. Real fast and with tons of Vee goes rail to rail quite well for such a fatty!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Greatest Fish Ever Made. Have fun!!!!

lis fish.jpg
    Thats a great shape, i've had many of them, but i never found them particularly suited to tiny (knee-stomach high) summer slop.

scotty... that's because the original design was for point surf. For our local NJ beachbreaks, you need something that creates lift, and is more responsive. Bottom contours, tail geometry, and fin setup make all the difference in the world.

check out some minisimmons designs. i picked one up a couple months ago and havent been able to put it down. really fun and a much different ride than im used to.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    kid... a fish is a good choice. I'm a lover of all things fishy. But I must say that there are a few modern refinements that have improved on the design considerably. I'm not saying the Lis Fish is a bad design... it's a great design, even in it's original form, and I hold it in high regard, and with great respect. But even materials have improved, let alone design tweaks, that have made the "retro fish" concept even more relevant in the modern surfing world.
    I'll agree with that. I like the nostalgia of a true fish but there are some definite improvements that I would include on my new board that would make more sense. I see you are from Monmouth Co. as well!

Quote Originally Posted by bushwood View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This is the Slop Rod, built off the round nose fish rockers with a single to double concave with alot of vee off the tail. Small bump wings help it turn, and the nose is left full to catch waves easy. Its a blen between a MiniSimms and a Round Nose fish. I can do full round house cuttys on a 1 foot face turns great catches ankel high surf, its fantastic. Runs off Futrue Controller Quad fins. Mine is EPS/Epoxy contysrtuction for even more float.
    The one you see is 5'6" x 21-3/4 " x 2-3/8" thick. CXatches the smallest ripple and is super fun in surf up to chest high. Real fast and with tons of Vee goes rail to rail quite well for such a fatty!
    Nice looking board, I bet its fun. I think I should stick to a full nose shape as well. I'm also a big fan of Future fins, much more so than FCS.