LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sounds like everybody's gonna have to walk around wrapped up like douches.

It would prove a better point if they wrapped up IN douches!

Bruce will write a song and save the day.

Images
    Yup, pumpmaster is right on. These kind of moves by government to limit freedoms almost always originate from the left but are blamed on the right. Much the same way that sensoring music and rating video games comes from the liberal left. We are supposed to accept any off the wall special interest thrown in our faces as our own personal freedoms are slowly whittled away. A word of advise to anyone who will listen, never vote for a person, a party or organization that supports more laws and more government. If both choices have pet issues to champion choose the one with fewer. No matter how annoying someones habits might be, try to be tolerant of them. Seeking to take freedom away from one person will eventually mean freedom taken away from you and yours. We don't need to be policed and legislated by a government we need to police and legislate ourselves with common sense.
    Last edited by Zippy; Jun 27, 2012 at 03:34 PM.

I don't care if you're left or right, but check the facts:
    http://asburyparksun.com/long-forgot...-on-boardwalk/
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/06/...-on-boardwalk/
    She's Republican.

"Only kooks wear bathing suits...."
    -Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    These kind of moves by government to limit freedoms almost always originate from the left but are blamed on the right. Much the same way that sensoring music and rating video games comes from the liberal left. .
    I dont think this particular story has anything to do with the liberal left, or the right. The old lady whos pissed off is the local chair of the republican party, and it sounds like she wants the government to stop other people's behavior that she doesnt like. Ive seen that mindset ("i dont like what you're doing, having to put up with it infringes on MY rights, so there ought to be a law against it) come from every side of the political spectrum. Conservatives will resist hard, and hold out for individual freedom, but put some truly repugnant behavior in their face, and they will call their legislator to pass a law.

Some of the most (self claimed) conservative members of congress voted for the law making it illegal for panhandlers to claim they are a veteran (if they really aren't). Insulting behavior impersonating a vet for spare change? Sure... But i'm not sure the government should be out there deciding which kinds of lying need special laws against them...seems like a slippery slope to me...but one the right supported because they were sufficiently offended by it.
    Last edited by scotty; Jun 27, 2012 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    I dont think this particular story has anything to do with the liberal left, or the right. The old lady whos pissed off is the local chair of the republican party, and it sounds like she wants the government to stop other people's behavior that she doesnt like. Ive seen that mindset ("i dont like what you're doing, having to put up with it infringes on MY rights, so there ought to be a law against it) come from every side of the political spectrum. Conservatives will resist hard, and hold out for individual freedom, but put some truly repugnant behavior in their face, and they will call their legislator to pass a law.

Some of the most (self claimed) conservative members of congress voted for the law making it illegal for panhandlers to claim they are a veteran (if they really aren't). Insulting behavior impersonating a vet for spare change? Sure... But i'm not sure the government should be out there deciding which kinds of lying need special laws against them...seems like a slippery slope to me...but one the right supported because they were sufficiently offended by it.
    Government in general is a slippery slope.

Images
    Well I stand corrected at least where the bathing suit ban is concerned

Old biddy, all-round killjoy, and Republican chairwoman, Louise Murray is behind the move.

what a kook.

When bathing suits are banned from the boardwalk, only criminals will wear them. I'm surfin' Black's from now on, whoop whoop!