LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I'd love to see her definition of a bathing suit, people like her should be tar and feathered.

I'd love to see her definition of a bathing suit, people like her should be tar and feathered.
    those types of people usually get caught in a nasty sex scandal at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by spongedude View Post
    pmrc not only included gore, but also wife of james baker (republican served under reagan) and was funded by mike love and joseph coors, who both self identify as conservatives and supported reagan. in other words, this was a wide range of 22 (mostly) older people who thought the new music was more frightening than their own music... now there's a new trend. (fans of bing crosby were scandalized by sinatra, fans of sinatra were frightened by elvis, fans of elvis were scared by the stones. and so it goes).

i agree. the patriot act is one of the most intrusive bits of legislation ever. i am sure you are vigorously fighting it at all levels. see you at the rally.
    I consider myself a conservative not a Republican. I'm not sure I agree with everything you say but I definitely agree with the patriot act being probably the work piece of legislation ever. Talk about stripping rights from citizens to give them a false sense of security.

Since I'm talking about losing our rights, there have been some articles around the Asbury Park Press about not allowing people to swim/surf when lifeguards are off duty. Towns are thinking of give you a fine if you swim or surf without a guard on duty. What a bunch of bull****. This is all happening because of recent drownings of people who don't understand the ocean or don't know how to swim. When you enter the ocean without guards on duty, you are entering at your own risk. This country is so overboard with safety that they impose new laws on people who don't deserve it. I guess they should have a guy standing outside to prevent you from entering your car because you might get in an accident on your way to work. That's where we are headed.

asbury has always been the dump of the jersey shore.iv never been to the beach there,but i worked at the school right around the corner where they have the stop the killings in asbury memorial mural.iv never been grilled so hard in my life where u take the backroads to the school,if i would have stared the guy back he probly would have shot me.asbury is only good if your trying to score smack or a shemale with aids named gabe.i havent been there in years but im sure its still the same.
    they want to enforce a 40 year old law to ban swimsuits,why dont they cross the tracks into the real asbury and stop all the stickup kids and smack dealers that make everyday people fear going to asbury.i dont care how good the waves are,u can surf a 10ft groundswell all day with no problems and come back to the train station and get shot and robbed for your iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by motivated2surf View Post
    I consider myself a conservative not a Republican. I'm not sure I agree with everything you say but I definitely agree with the patriot act being probably the work piece of legislation ever. Talk about stripping rights from citizens to give them a false sense of security.

Since I'm talking about losing our rights, there have been some articles around the Asbury Park Press about not allowing people to swim/surf when lifeguards are off duty. Towns are thinking of give you a fine if you swim or surf without a guard on duty. What a bunch of bull****. This is all happening because of recent drownings of people who don't understand the ocean or don't know how to swim. When you enter the ocean without guards on duty, you are entering at your own risk. This country is so overboard with safety that they impose new laws on people who don't deserve it. I guess they should have a guy standing outside to prevent you from entering your car because you might get in an accident on your way to work. That's where we are headed.
    well said.as far as i been goin to the beach theres been signs that state "swim at your own risk."now if you dont know what your doing and drown,now the rest of us have to suffer with their bull**** rules.people get into car accidents everyday,maybe we shouldnt be allowed to drive.some kids drown in a swimming pool in nj,are they going to ban pools now.they send the youth off to war to die on foreign soil and thats ok,but u drown in the ocean because u cant swim with the rips and its a problem.go enforce some real crime,people get killed everyday,people drown everyday,people die everyday.its all part of life.we all have a destiny and some end shorter than others.no need to start making new laws and such to prevent people from going into the ocean.

Images

whipping out my worm-can opener....

a lot of public policy, especially public safety policy...helmet laws, auto insurance, even (gasp) health care and swimming curfews... is based on the understanding that things like disease and vehicular and sporting accidents cost time and money, usually at the public's expense. a dead guy is a long day of paperwork and reports for local authorities and expense and time for medical/coroner services, and frankly for any place that is reliant on tourism, the perception that an area is dangerous (through crime or nature) cuts into the profits and tax base. lastly, alas, there is lawsuit. local authorities are forced to show some sign of enforcement and public notification of a dangerous condition (even if there is no intention to follow through with action) to avoid a specious claim that the public hazard was unmarked and it was our (the state's) fault someone was injured or killed. it'd be nice if we let the darwin effect take precedence, but i am afraid that ship has long since sailed