LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: beach stands

Images

Talking beach stands

Has anyone owned or worked a beach stand before. I am going to buy one with my cousin. Wanted to know how people liked it.

Images
    Hey,
    I worked a beach stand two summers ago in ocmd. Its all about location so make sure you have a high volume/ touristy beach. It's also a good idea to buy two adjacent stands so you can really monopolize the beach and up your prices.

Images
    yes. for several years i worked at an umbrella stand. kicked ass. surfed a lot. screw being a lifeguard.

steens...............

Images

Beach stands

It's been our family business for 36 years in OC. What town are you talking about? OC had the bids in December so your too late for 08. I'm not sure about DE beaches though. I might suggest that you get a job working for one of the operators and avoid the hassels of buying equipment, paying taxes, building boxes, paying the city, insurance, and all the rest. You will probably make the same or more then owning a stand or two.

i worked one towards the end of the summer in oc.. gett paid for sitting on the beach.

...and watch others surf which sucks on a good day

i am thinking about working at a stand this summer too. how much does it pay, and does anyone know who i can talk to or where i can get an application

Ya good luck trying to contain yourself when the waves are ridable and you need to sit there, I give a lot of props to anyone who can do that, if I'm near the beach I need a board under me.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber52 View Post
    Ya good luck trying to contain yourself when the waves are ridable and you need to sit there, I give a lot of props to anyone who can do that, if I'm near the beach I need a board under me.
    Thats the good thing about owning your own stand. On a good day you can just say fuk it and go in the water. O, aparently the auction was in december, but I still have a chance.