LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: beach stands

Great, now your part of the problem. Greed.

Images
    when i worked a beach stand, I only got off when it rained...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieInOC View Post
    Funny u should bring this up again, I was talking to my brother, not uncle, yesterday about hiring for this summer and we came to the conclusion that we are tired of the local kids asking for every weekend off to do whatever and are hiring the Russkies only this year.
    I would never make that admission publicly because of the EEOC implications, but I can certainly understand why you would want to do that. I worked in restaurant management for quite a number of years. I can say without reservation that, as a group, immigrant employees worked circles around the native born ones. Period.

Now don't go spouting off about how "I would work circles around blah" because I am not talking about individuals as there are always exceptions. I am talking about the group dynamic. The sum of the parts.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chong View Post
    Great, now your part of the problem. Greed.
    What are you talking about??? The amount of compensation is the same no matter who we pay. It is a matter of how many headaches we employers have to put up with. Do you have any idea what it is like when several of your employees don't show up for work or call you 30 mins. beforehand and say they can't work today?? This is an everyday occurance during the summer, and honestly can be very frustrating.

Images

Talking

Oh, if thats true how is my friend working for your uncle 4 days a week instead of all 7. Maybe we are talking about someone else. I understand what your saying though. If I was paying kids and they didn't show up I would take out the belt. wack them with my pimp hand strong.

Images
    is there any way I can still get a beach stand?

Images
    ya, but honestly how often is the surf good during the summer. Like 2 or 3 times. Me and my cousin are going to share one so when the surf is good I'll just have him work it. He is afraid of big waves anyway so it works out great. I just want to know if I would still buy one.

Images
    I probably shouldn't go so far as to say "only" Russians, but I can say for sure that there will be fewer local students and more foreigners. Now, lets get back to surfing!!!

Images

ye

I got a stand today. There was an auction for three streets today and I got one of them. It awesome. We are only going to have people that I can understand work with us. our street is next to someone in your famillys street. Your familly is edmunds right.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo_robinson View Post
    I got a stand today. There was an auction for three streets today and I got one of them. It awesome. We are only going to have people that I can understand work with us. our street is next to someone in your famillys street. Your familly is edmunds right.
    If you want to make any decent amount of money, you won't hire anyone. You'll work it yourself. I'm no expert, but I strongly suspect that the profit margins are such that you probably need more than one stand if you expect to pay a staff and still make some money.

But what do I know. I'm just a cynical old man.