LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The horror!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdirtymomma View Post
    Um....I've been an adult for a long time.....and welcome to being a jerk.
    welcome to being a post spammer.......!!

j/k seriously though, we all miss good days just gotta deal with them

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfsolo View Post
    welcome to being a post spammer.......!!

j/k seriously though, we all miss good days just gotta deal with them
    Well, thank you.....I'll be sure to add that to my resume.....Front house manager, executive assistant, general manager, post spammer

Yes, but how do you deal with it? I'm missing the best surf of my surfing life

The how part is rhetorical, unless you have some special method I should know.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    You McB*tch! LOL, I was just looking at that.....and it's still gonna be me....just later and not as good of conditions.

Images
    I was on it at first light. Just south of Fort Pierce for about 3 hours. I thought it was going to be bigger but it was still fun. Should be something left for ya later. Sucks to miss it.

well, how busy is the shop boss??? put the out to lunch sign up...

ODM –
    Since you have joined the ranks of East Coast surfers you probably need to get briefed on what to expect and decide how you want to set your attitude
    Facts
    - Not all swells will clean up – there is no rule saying they have to.
    - You will miss some swells, even some really good ones. This may be the first time you have missed good (maybe even epic ) conditions, but I guarantee it won’t be the last.
    - There will be long periods of flatness to endure (I lived in Daytona for 5 years, Fla can REALLY try your patience).
    - The magic of really good days requires quite a few variables to line up (swell, wind, tide, sand bars, crowd etc), that is what can make surfing so frustrating, and so satisfying.
    - Boards are consumables, even though you may REALLY REALLY LOVE a board, over time it will get old, dinged and damaged – (the same goes for your body haha)
    The key is your level of acceptance. Perhaps changing how you view it would help, focus on the positive and not what you feel you were rightfully denied (the dreaded victim mentality).

Learn from today- maybe keep an eye on conditions to anticipate better and get time off for the waves.

Be grateful you have a job, the economy has been rough on so many people. I’m sure quite a few people would love to have a steady job. Remember – Work is the curse of the working class.

Seriously it is 1 day – consider if you were recovering from a major injury/illness/surgery and were going to be out for weeks or months. 8 years ago I had a serious operation on Aug 19th – I missed the ENTIRE East Coast Fall Season (anybody get some good waves in Sep/Oct 2004?), and at that time I was more concerned with a successful outcome than the waves I missed.

Attitude is key, and that is something you choose.

BTW TS Debbie fell apart so the EC north of Fla isn't getting much if anything

Good luck - enjoy the after work session
    Jim

When you miss a good day, it feels like you're getting robbed of your life savings, and you're helpless.

I know that feeling all too well.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    ODM –
    Since you have joined the ranks of East Coast surfers you probably need to get briefed on what to expect and decide how you want to set your attitude
    Facts
    - Not all swells will clean up – there is no rule saying they have to.
    - You will miss some swells, even some really good ones. This may be the first time you have missed good (maybe even epic ) conditions, but I guarantee it won’t be the last.
    - There will be long periods of flatness to endure (I lived in Daytona for 5 years, Fla can REALLY try your patience).
    - The magic of really good days requires quite a few variables to line up (swell, wind, tide, sand bars, crowd etc), that is what can make surfing so frustrating, and so satisfying.
    - Boards are consumables, even though you may REALLY REALLY LOVE a board, over time it will get old, dinged and damaged – (the same goes for your body haha)
    The key is your level of acceptance. Perhaps changing how you view it would help, focus on the positive and not what you feel you were rightfully denied (the dreaded victim mentality).

Learn from today- maybe keep an eye on conditions to anticipate better and get time off for the waves.

Be grateful you have a job, the economy has been rough on so many people. I’m sure quite a few people would love to have a steady job. Remember – Work is the curse of the working class.

Seriously it is 1 day – consider if you were recovering from a major injury/illness/surgery and were going to be out for weeks or months. 8 years ago I had a serious operation on Aug 19th – I missed the ENTIRE East Coast Fall Season (anybody get some good waves in Sep/Oct 2004?), and at that time I was more concerned with a successful outcome than the waves I missed.

Attitude is key, and that is something you choose.

BTW TS Debbie fell apart so the EC north of Fla isn't getting much if anything

Good luck - enjoy the after work session
    Jim
    Dear Jim,

Thanks for reminding me of the things already know.... sincerely. That was very kind of you to spend the time to write the above. I really do know all these things (I was injured from Jan-March, this year)....I guess I just forgot to be grateful in the middle of my surfing panic. I'm now refocused on counting my very many blessings.

You are a seriously righteous dude....thank you!

I'll surf one in your name after work,
    Dirty
    Last edited by yourdirtymomma; Jun 28, 2012 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdirtymomma View Post
    Dear Jim,

Thanks for reminding me of the things already know.... sincerely. That was very kind of you to spend the time to write the above. I really do know all these things (I was injured from Jan-March, this year)....I guess I just forgot to be grateful in the middle of my surfing panic. I'm now refocused on counting my very many blessings.

You are a seriously righteous dude....thank you!

I'll surf one in your name after work,
    Dirty
    with all this post following and writing you probably could have scored a session instead!