LOGIN | REGISTER

Carver Surf Racks

Most useless installation instructions ever. Looks good though, nice rack.

whered u get yours? how much did you pay? i want to get them but they are very expensive

Quote Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
    whered u get yours? how much did you pay? i want to get them but they are very expensive
    The surf shop a 1/2 mile from our condo. 117$ with CA sales. Further information can be found here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Carver+surf+racks

Seriously, if you are not mechanically inclined, I do not recommend installing the Max kit by yourself. Mini should be no problem, it's a clamp that just goes around the seat post. The Max requires proper fitting and needs to be secured to the frame at 4 points. Sounds simple, but if you're the type who needs detailed instructions with pictures to build an IKEA end table, this is not for you.

Funny, but true......some light lock tight helps.....but when its done right, they're worth the effort...

Lock tight is a very good idea, I wish I'd thought of that. I'm too lazy to unscrew those bolts, so I'm just going to let them seize up with rust. See the sea takes care of everything. What is with the wobble at speed with this thing? I thought I'd misaligned my rear wheel, so I stopped and made sure that it was true. I'm thinking of stopping at the hardware store and getting some pipe insulation, wrapping the bars and zip tying it it to them. I figure if I can get less clearance between the bars and the board, the board will wobble less which in turn will cause my bike to wobble less.

I'll drive

Images
    Nice Rack dude

It does need to be tweaked a little for sure.....vibration/use will loosen the bolts at the beginning......tighten eveything up after a few rides......depending on your board, there will be a "best" way for it to fit (ie- nose or tail forward)......but pipe insulators do help if you have different shapes.
    The "speed" thing made me laugh. After you first few rides, you may forget about the board. Jump a curb.....you be reminded quickly.