LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I want Kelly Slater's powers

I vote to have a Mt. Rushmore of Michael Jordan, Babe Ruth, Kelly Slater and SJB. All-time greats in their fields...Basketball, Baseball, Surfing, Forums. Your the F'in man SJB, keep it up!

....rouges and upstarts! Bow down to that which is created from retail!

Im not really a big fan of ks or any other pro... but lets face it... the video tape doesnt lie... home boy can surf the mother f-ing he.ll out of a wave better then anyone on the planet...

Variety

First. Kelly.
    There are really no facts whatsoever that back up the argument that Kelly Slater is not 'real'. He is the best competitive surfer on the planet, hands down. He's 40 years old and he's doing some of the biggest air reverses and other new school moves in competition, meaning he's adapted to the new level and structure of surfing., because he loves it, and he knows it's what will keep channel islands boards under his feet and quiksilver logos on those boards. While he's the best surfer in competition in the world, it is definitely arguable that there are much better free surfers than he. That's one of my, and many other people's favorite things about pro surfing. It's so wide ranged that people can make a living off it by free surfing if they don't have that competitive edge but are still incredible surfers. Ever heard of a guy named Kepa Acero? He's a Spanish feral surfer who travels to remote places in the world to surf waves that have yet to be surfed, and he has a huge following. People support what he does, so they help him with his travels and boards. And I see no reason why guys should be knocked for that.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by va.waves? View Post
    keep to your foam sponge and stick to the shorepound
    Dude, your shred stick is foam too.....it's just glassed. Ya dig, Ponyboy? And my mom has started to let me paddle outside, with floaties on my arms of course. I went out all the way to the big breakers this morning. My mom waved at me......

Yo, LB Crew what's up.....hope life's treating you well......same with you Mr. Sniffer.......and same to all of you guys who relax, have a sense of humor and aren't mentally challenged.

Atlantic county got whooped last night........by them storms.......some places got knocked around. No TRAFFIC LIGHTS MAN...I LOVE IT.....

Thumbs down

this kook is really funny.no kelly slater?and your supposedly from the east coast.do us a favor and start playing tennis.dont hate on kelly slater because u suck at surfing and everything else in your life.you are mad because u will never even qualify for the qs let alone the wct!!dont hate on the man from a small town that changed the game forever.kelly slater is the only reason i surf.the guy is super talented,super mellow,and anyone can sit down and have a talk with him.kelly slater is the best ahtlete in the world,compared to tiger woods,michael jordan,etc...kelly has surfed **** waves,he charges waimai,he can surf slabs,mavericks..what is your problem.your just tired of seeing someone else do better than u can ever do.and kolohe is great,but hes nothing special.john john is the way of the future.gabriel medina,john john,kolohe..wtf!!dont hate,appreciate.ill tell u what dude,go surf around the planet and tell everyone how u feel about the slater and see how many friends u make.youl probly get your ass kicked in every country u go to.so stop with the surfing and start watching the mets or something..kook!

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    this kook is really funny.no kelly slater?and your supposedly from the east coast.do us a favor and start playing tennis.dont hate on kelly slater because u suck at surfing and everything else in your life.you are mad because u will never even qualify for the qs let alone the wct!!dont hate on the man from a small town that changed the game forever.kelly slater is the only reason i surf.the guy is super talented,super mellow,and anyone can sit down and have a talk with him.kelly slater is the best ahtlete in the world,compared to tiger woods,michael jordan,etc...kelly has surfed **** waves,he charges waimai,he can surf slabs,mavericks..what is your problem.your just tired of seeing someone else do better than u can ever do.and kolohe is great,but hes nothing special.john john is the way of the future.gabriel medina,john john,kolohe..wtf!!dont hate,appreciate.ill tell u what dude,go surf around the planet and tell everyone how u feel about the slater and see how many friends u make.youl probly get your ass kicked in every country u go to.so stop with the surfing and start watching the mets or something..kook!
    Righteous indignation? I sense a little man-crush idolizing. Don't over think it man, Jimmy won't be interested unless you are a 22 year old or younger hot chick. Just let him go.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthSeawallWill View Post
    If you are pro you should be on the tour. I hate pro surfing but this, "I am a pro surfer-dude who travels around with photographers like Seth Stafford following me around" is Bullhonkey. Get a real job, or better yet go back to San Clemente and sell weed or something.
    because if there were no traveling pro's you would have no videos to watch, no mags, no photos. and no one wants to see your kook ass on an ad