LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA/CT
    Posts
    337

    F**k this dryspell in the northeast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    its now turning into around a month of nothingness..honestly, **** this! 81498683.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,161
    gotta have other interests if you live on the EC.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    gotta have other interests if you live on the EC.





    Anyone care to join me?
    Last edited by idsmashh; Jul 1, 2012 at 07:31 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,038
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    gotta have other interests if you live on the EC.
    Hate to say it, but it not just the E. Coast. I've watched the cams in Puerto, Hawaii, and Cali very closely the last few months and overall i'd say it's been rather flat and garbage, with the exception of a few days here and there (South Shore has been ok, and certain spots in Cali have been ok, but overall not so much). If you really want consistent surf this time of year head to El Salvador, that place seems to ALWAYS have good waves (at least the last few months), it seems every day is 3-8ft and cleeeeeean.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Jul 2, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Hate to say it, but it not just the E. Coast. I've watched the cams in Puerto, Hawaii, and Cali very closely the last few months and overall i'd say it's been rather flat and garbage, with the exception of a few days here and there (South Shore has been ok, and certain spots in Cali have been ok, but overall not so much). If you really want consistent surf this time of year head to El Salvador, that place seems to ALWAYS have good waves (at least the last few months), it seems every day is 3-8ft and cleeeeeean.
    Dude, there is NO comparison between california and the east coast. They've had rideable surf almost everyday the entire month of June as they do every year. Compare that to maybe 8 days of rideable stuff on the northeast. Storm systems move west to east and take the swell with it.(except for hurricanes) We are on the wrong side of the atlantic for consistent rideable surf.
    Last edited by shark-hunter; Jul 3, 2012 at 09:05 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Massapequa, New York
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    Dude, there is NO comparison between california and the east coast. They've had rideable surf almost everyday the entire month of June as they do every year. Compare that to maybe 8 days of rideable stuff on the northeast. Storm systems move west to east and take the swell with it. We are on the wrong side of the atlantic.
    Rideable for who?

    I don't understand why people consider it flat as soon as anything goes below waist or chest high. Just get a log and go get your surf on and stop complaining like pussies about how there's no surf.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloop John B. View Post
    Rideable for who?

    I don't understand why people consider it flat as soon as anything goes below waist or chest high. Just get a log and go get your surf on and stop complaining like pussies about how there's no surf.
    Rideable = knee high for me and not shorepounding. Enough to get a boogie board going across the face. Complaining about a lack of surf doesn't make you a *****.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA/CT
    Posts
    337
    yeah man the west hasnt been great either

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sea
    Posts
    1,522
    hey buddy this dry spell is called summer.happens every year for aslong as iv been alive.i dont base my life around surfing,because liven on the east coast,u dont surf everyday.im fortunate enough to have a coworker who has a house in costa,whos nephew is a pro surfer,and my brothers wifes father lives in panama,and i have an aunt out in orange county.i only get to surf a few times a year,with work cuz im always busy.iv been surfing since 07 and others probly say i surf great,but im still a kooky grom!!

    try fishing.sit on the beach with a 12 pack or some soco,relax listen to the sea ,and hope you get a bite!!
    cheers

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    hey buddy this dry spell is called summer.happens every year for aslong as iv been alive.i dont base my life around surfing,because liven on the east coast,u dont surf everyday.im fortunate enough to have a coworker who has a house in costa,whos nephew is a pro surfer,and my brothers wifes father lives in panama,and i have an aunt out in orange county.i only get to surf a few times a year,with work cuz im always busy.iv been surfing since 07 and others probly say i surf great,but im still a kooky grom!!

    try fishing.sit on the beach with a 12 pack or some soco,relax listen to the sea ,and hope you get a bite!!
    cheers
    dude, i think my soul just cried.. a few times a year??? Just go jump in front of a car or something bro. End the misery already..