LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The ocean is CLOSED

So get this. Spent the entire weekend painting in no air conditioning 100 degree heat and by 5 pm tonight (Sunday) I needed a swim in the ocean soo insanely bad.

Round up my 2 kids and get to Long Branch and we're in the water when guards pull up about 6 pm and order everyone out of the water. No swimming after hours in response to recent drownings. I asked the guard, "So the ocean's closed?" "Yeah, pretty much," he said. You can now only swim between 10 am and 5 pm.

I was so friggin' livid on so many levels I can't even go into it. But I wonder what the legality of this is? Are other towns doing this now? There are drownings ever year. They never did this. There are fatal accidents on the highways every day. They don't close them. Seriously, I can't take it any more.

I thought the high tide line marked unregulated territory for that sort of issue...I woulda been pissed

Images
    dammit long branch
    Last edited by mexsurfer; Jul 18, 2012 at 05:15 PM.

seriously. we need to go slash some tires or something. this is getting ridiculous. every year it gets worse. Soon enough they're gonna make swimmies mandatory before entering the water. The people that drown shouldn't have been out there. Period. The only changes that should have been made is maybe a "Swim at your own Risk" sign on every beach.. Jersey's over populated anyway.. Like said before. "That's just Darwin cleaning out the gene pool..."

There was a fatal car accident here in Wilmington.... All roads are closed until further notice.....

I cut myself filleting a flounder I gigged last night... All fishing is closed until further notice....

Every 4th of July Masonboro Island and Shinn Creek (that's the sound behind Mase for those who don't know) is inundated with idiots, morons, knuckle draggers, underage drinkers, tourons and the worst--UNCW "locals" and all their friends from Raleigh and Charlotte--to trash the island, to throw beer bottles, cans and other trash into the water, to fall between rafted boats narrowly skirting death, to get into massive brawls and then to leave for us REAL LOCALS to pick up their trash later.... This, for some reason, is still allowed to continue....

Sum sum sum sum sum sum sum summertiiiiiiiime!..........i can almost see Fall from here

Images
    All you Long Branch types have to bite the bullet and just go in the water. Cop the tickets(fines) and fight it. Gain some media attention, and ban together to fight this crap. This kind of stuff has happened in Jersey before. Contact your area SurfRider Foundation chapter thingamajig.

If you guys fight it, you can win. If you do nothing, well then going in the water will stay illegal. Man, everything's illegal in New Jersey. And, to top it off, they make you pay to get on the beach. Well, I've never bought a beach badge, and never will. I just act mentally challenged when faced by beach badge checkers. That seems to work.

You guys better nip this in the bud. I hope there's more people of substance up in North Jersey than is represented on this site.

If any of the rest of youse guys(non N. Jersey types) care, and really I don't blame you for not caring about North Jersey, but you guys could write letters to various public officials that matter. Hey, now's the time to write that letter to Governor Christie that you've always wanted to write. But write the mayor of Long Branch and any board members........and the reps and senators............and the president.......hell ask Canada for help, Steven Harper cares about Americans

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    There was a fatal car accident here in Wilmington.... All roads are closed until further notice.....

I cut myself filleting a flounder I gigged last night... All fishing is closed until further notice....

Every 4th of July Masonboro Island and Shinn Creek (that's the sound behind Mase for those who don't know) is inundated with idiots, morons, knuckle draggers, underage drinkers, tourons and the worst--UNCW "locals" and all their friends from Raleigh and Charlotte--to trash the island, to throw beer bottles, cans and other trash into the water, to fall between rafted boats narrowly skirting death, to get into massive brawls and then to leave for us REAL LOCALS to pick up their trash later.... This, for some reason, is still allowed to continue....
    Erock, you have no idea about New Jersey.......it's a police state. Everything is illegal. They make you pay for beach badges to be on the beach from Memorial Day to Labor Day. You can't drink a beer with your dog on the beach. Some beach towns have outlawed footballs, frisbees and chicken wings(Yeah SURF CITY !!!). I'm serious.

Everytime a white girl is killed, NJ makes whatever circumstances that led to her death illegal. The cops go nutso and make the Outer Banks cops seem mellow. Yeah yeah I know we have alot of people here in New Jersey, and we got alot of trouble makers. You know, we get the Newark drug gangs and the South Philly villians and all but, everything is illegal. And our fines are crazy, but our court costs are low - $33.00 Erock, now that's a bargain.

Man some one should just blow summer up. Summer is a horrible, horrible time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by ragdolling View Post
    So get this. Spent the entire weekend painting in no air conditioning 100 degree heat and by 5 pm tonight (Sunday) I needed a swim in the ocean soo insanely bad.

Round up my 2 kids and get to Long Branch and we're in the water when guards pull up about 6 pm and order everyone out of the water. No swimming after hours in response to recent drownings. I asked the guard, "So the ocean's closed?" "Yeah, pretty much," he said. You can now only swim between 10 am and 5 pm.

I was so friggin' livid on so many levels I can't even go into it. But I wonder what the legality of this is? Are other towns doing this now? There are drownings ever year. They never did this. There are fatal accidents on the highways every day. They don't close them. Seriously, I can't take it any more.
    Get the heck out of Long Branch.

10. should have pretended to be drowning and made him save you. Then been like "OMG THANKS!!!!!!!!"