LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quit being a *****

Get out and surf. Go back to where you're from!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benscottshaw View Post
    Get out and surf. Go back to where you're from!!
    BWAHAHAHA, written like someone who has never broken or bruised a rib. Trust me buddy, you won't be singing that tune when it hurts to breathe. If I had to take my pick over getting stung by sting ray or breaking a rib, I’m going to have to go with the sting ray. At least with a sting ray all I have to do is stick my foot in near boiling water for an hour or two, put up with being sick for 2 or 3 days and then a scar that never goes away. Bruised or broken ribs, they’re the gift that keeps on giving for weeks.

Got busted up last year real good on a beach break .Shattered 4 ribs and punctured small air sacks in my lungs.My doc was surprised I didn't have a flail chest.I was out of work for 2 months.I was in hospital for about 2 days.When I first got home it took me like 10 minutes to get from the center of my bed to get out of my bed.It was a pretty long road.First few weeks were real rough.Oxycodine was my friend.As soon as I was back to work I was back in the water.Didn't really experience any pain surfing even thou it was in my head for awhile.I have no affects from the accident although I can't run anymore because I get a shooting pain up my back.I'll take that considering.I would just say heal up first and charge it later.

i broke ribs on 3 occasions and its possibly one of the worst injuries imaginable. i have broken legs, arms, colarbones you name it but ribs suck the most. the easiest tasks from getting out of bed to taking a good dump are insanely painful. my best advice are just rest for a week or two. then slowly work back into physical activity. you also unfortunately cant do much to help rib injuries. you just gota deal with them. i actually re broke 2 ribs because they weren't healed all the way and i pushed it too early. that was an extra 6 weeks on top of the 4 i already spent doing nothing. just heal up my man and good luck.