LOGIN | REGISTER

Copa Quiksilver El Salvador

It's been on most of the day.

Tom Curren (yes, THE Tom Curren) has a heat coming up next!

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post

Erock - I haven't had a chance to watch this at all. I heard that Michael Powell has been doing pretty good. Did you catch any of his runs?

Tom Curren has a great article in this month's surfer about teaching your kids to surf:
    http://www.surfermag.com/features/ho...r-kid-to-surf/

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    Erock - I haven't had a chance to watch this at all. I heard that Michael Powell has been doing pretty good. Did you catch any of his runs?
    I haven't caught any of his--been watching what I can while working. I was disappointed that a couple heats I did manage to watch in entirety were Balaram and Gnarly Barley getting eliminated.

I haven't caught any of his--been watching what I can while working. I was disappointed that a couple heats I did manage to watch in entirety were Balaram and Gnarly Barley getting eliminated.
    Sucks that Brett couldn't keep the OBX alive.

Images

Clean conditions this morning and Curren just surfed another heat. What a natural. Found little barrels where none really existed and the guy's turns still look amazing. He must be close to 50 years old, surfing (and beating) guys in his heat that are half his age.

anyone surfed el salvador? east coast tickets are pretty cheap on spirit. looks like the airports only an hour from some good breaks. Ive heard awesome things. I was just curious.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnotphish View Post
    anyone surfed el salvador? east coast tickets are pretty cheap on spirit. looks like the airports only an hour from some good breaks. Ive heard awesome things. I was just curious.
    Just went there in April. Unbelievable waves, long right points overhead set the entire 8 days. We flew Copa Airlines non stop from DC. Tickets were in the $400 range r/t. None of the airlines we could find that fly to ES were board friendly...we paid $125 each way for double bags.
    great trip and a place I want to get back to real soon.

Images
    Taca airlines.... lol . Don,t forget the 16 percent tax on the board bags on the way back.

El Salvadore is SICK punta roca was going off for the final.............. TOM CURREN got smoked.....SHANE BESCHEN made semi final..... Awesome point break......