LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CI Sperm whale vs Stewart fartknocker vs lost bottom feeder

Im 5' 11" and 130 I want something for small waves. I would consider my self intermediate. What should I get or what do u prefer ? Or should I just look for a longboard?

Why do all of your choices have such funny names???

I've heard really good things about a few boards.. Firewire Spitfire, CI Biscuit, Dumpster Diver, and (my next board) the CI Neckbeard looks like a fun one... I'm excited to get it
    Last edited by idsmashh; Jul 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by idsmashh View Post
    Why do all of your choices have such funny names???

I've heard really good things about a few boards.. Firewire Spitfire, CI Biscuit, Dumpster Diver, and (my next board) the CI Neckbeard looks like a fun one... I'm excited to get it
    despite what most people think, the dumpster diver is NOT the ideal board for small mushy NJ summer surf. dane originally had it made for punchy southern california surf. i've ridden it in knee high surf and it just doesn't have enough volume on it. anything from waist high up however, it's a great board and is really fun to ride.
    Last edited by ND081; Jul 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: typo

punchy southern california surf
    Punchy lol, have you ever been to San Diego??

Yeah its not really punchy haha

Quote Originally Posted by SkegLegs View Post
    Punchy lol, have you ever been to San Diego??

That's not punchy???

Yahhh I just realized I'm finally a senior member haha

Go to a local shaper. Someone who surfs the exact waves that you do. They know what you need.

Don't buy into the CI b*****t. Save your money and do what surfbum21 says. Go local. If Dane Reynolds was videoed surfing on a styrofoam plate with fins, all the shops would carry them for $750 or more. Plus CI has gone down in quality the past 5 years or so. It's all hype.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    Don't buy into the CI b*****t. Save your money and do what surfbum21 says. Go local. If Dane Reynolds was videoed surfing on a styrofoam plate with fins, all the shops would carry them for $750 or more. Plus CI has gone down in quality the past 5 years or so. It's all hype.
    Is lost still decent? And I don't really have a local shaper that I know of in wildwood, I would would have to drive an hour and 40 minutes to get to one.