LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    school of dolphins in NY 20+ in Lake atlantic

the water temp so high cuz i piss gigagallons!

The ocean never got very cold this winter either. If I remember correctly, it only briefly got below mid 40's at 44009. I can't recall that ever happening before.

Warmer earlier this year for sure. Could see a bit of extra tropical juice this season.

Images
    The last two years have been rather odd. This past winter the water in NJ was the warmest Iíve felt in 25 years and was preceded by the coldest water Iíve ever felt the winter before. The warmer water has me wondering is this the year our number is up (northeast)? We are overdue for a hurricane beating.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    The warmer water has me wondering is this the year our number is up (northeast)? We are overdue for a hurricane beating.
    did you already forget about irene?

Images
    ND, I didn't forget. Irene made a big mess and some surf too. I'm talking cat 3 + with gnarly storm surge making landfall in the tri-state area. I stayed on the island for Irene and if a MAJOR hurricane were on its way I'd be running for the hills literally. ND, Irene made landfall as a cat 1, have you forgotten the Saffir Simpson Scale goes up to cat 5?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    ND, I didn't forget. Irene made a big mess and some surf too. I'm talking cat 3 + with gnarly storm surge making landfall in the tri-state area. I stayed on the island for Irene and if a MAJOR hurricane were on its way I'd be running for the hills literally. ND, Irene made landfall as a cat 1, have you forgotten the Saffir Simpson Scale goes up to cat 5?
    i understand it could've been much worse, but irene really was a big hit for most of the tri-state area. it was actually worse farther north than on the island here. i agree we still haven't seen anything of the nature you're talking about but irene was close

Images
    Yes, water temps are anonymously high along the east coast.

The warmer the water temp the better. I hope it gets to the upper 80s. lol I don't know how anyone could find 80 degree water temperature to be "hot".