LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    In a different world humans should be hunting at least some gw sharks. Now no gw sharks get hunted, I hope we don't see ramifications from having too many gws.

Are we seriously talking about culling sharks here?

If you want to cull sharks because they occasionally kill a person, go **** yourself. The ocean is where they live, and going in there is a calculated risk YOU take. If you can't handle that risk then don't go in the ocean. Don't kill K-selected apex predators because of your ridiculous fear. Whether you like it or not, that DOES have ecological implications.

If you wanna go **** around in the ocean looking like a seal, that's your problem. It's my problem too, but at least I realize that and don't pin it on the sharks.

Guys guys guys, this argument is pointless. We all know GW sharks can never be eradicated as long as they have the power of time travel... And frickin' lasers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop John B. View Post
    Are we seriously talking about culling sharks here?

If you want to cull sharks because they occasionally kill a person, go **** yourself. The ocean is where they live, and going in there is a calculated risk YOU take. If you can't handle that risk then don't go in the ocean. Don't kill K-selected apex predators because of your ridiculous fear. Whether you like it or not, that DOES have ecological implications.

If you wanna go **** around in the ocean looking like a seal, that's your problem. It's my problem too, but at least I realize that and don't pin it on the sharks.
    Thank You!

I was in the Buzzards Bay Regatta this year it was out of Marion Ma while I was out there I saw a very large Great White Shark it had to be alst close t 20 or more feet it was a danda shark I love and have respect for sharks people should live them alone they are in there own home we are the ones that we invade there home that is why there is alot of human attacks from sharks

Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    lol...typical proganda. It's just politics that keep them "protected" in some countries. It's like black bears in New Jersey. Lots of black bears are hunted in Maine and the population is perfectly healthy. Great sharks could be fished like any other fish without being wiped out. It's all a matter of a bag limit like any other game animal. Conservation and fishing can co-exist.

You think sharks are cool and shouldn't be "murdered". It's as simple as that

As far as the other point. Natures finds a new balance if an apex predator is wiped out.
    Hey nutbag! aka "shark hunter" - - with 70 million sharks getting wiped out every year, with certain shark species at the tipping point of extinction & with less than 30 human fatalities per year by all sharks, it's pretty clear who is winning the species wars.

Get real: you're not an authority on the subject of sharks; you're just another opinionated & extremely selfish ignorant arrogant human - - extremely ignorant, extremely arrogant - - who has the ability to cut & paste ignorant rants about sharks & conservation.

When, perhaps someday, you have an original thought, share it with someone who cares. That wouldn't be here.

I'm hoping the sharks will keep some of the summer tourists out of the water. Let them come and spend their money but stay on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by ecoastprock View Post
    Right on! Cull sharks?? I think the only species that really needs their numbers reduced is Humans. Look at nearly every problem we have in the world today and in the end it is caused by the gross overpopulation of Humans on this planet. I can name 10 people right now, off the top of my head, that need to be removed from this planet immediately. The least intelligent and most useless people generally have the most kids, completely undoing millions of years of evolution. Humans cannot and will not live in the fantasy world we live in for more than another 100 years. Once the human population reaches 10 billion people (around year 2100) we will lose the ability to feed the majority of the population. 216,000 people are being born everyday!!!! Wake up people?! Sharks are doing us a favor by removing a few people from the planet!
    you know, you can reduce that number by 1 with suicide...

don't cull the sharks, cull the seals.

9. Quote Originally Posted by shark-hunter View Post
    I like conservation for humans.(ie preserving woodlands for walking and the beautiful scenery) Keeping oceans and drinking water clean ect. I could really care less if every shark that was dangerous to humans was extirpicated.(only 3 of over 100 different species of shark...tiger/gw/bull). An no the ocean would not fall apart if a few sharks went missing. Nature is a little more resiliant than that.
    Are you legitimately retarded? If not, you are one of the most ignorant pieces of excrement I've encountered online and that is a dubious distinction. At the very least you are in dire need of an elementary level education.You seriously suck as a person. Go **** yourself.

There will be more attacks this year. The surf will start picking up there will be more and more days with surfers out. And next year, as the shark #'s grow, there will be more than this year... Cape Cod will have a solid GW population for years to come... The sharks are protected as well as the seals. With no natural enemies and an unlimited food source, they will flourish.... Surfers just have to get used to it and be more aware of their surroundings.