I'll be honest...I wasn't sure if this would be the best venue to start a build thread or not. Typically, I would just go over to Swaylocks and post, but in light of the general tone in some of the posts over there, I thought why not give it a go on Swellinfo. I know that there has been plenty of completed boards posted, but few build threads. Consequently, I wanted to document my process to contribute, encourage, and have fun within this community. I know that a few of you build on here (Earl, Tom, Rick, Brian, Andrew, etc.), and look forward to your input...as well as anyone elses constructive criticisms/perspectives.

I have been building boards for a while...most of the boards have been fishes, HPs, hybrids, no LBs, simmons, etc. To be honest, I love surfing modern fishes...mostly quads, but I have had a few twins that have been incredible. Last year around this time I made a HP twin pin that felt great, but the nose foil too thin...a year or two before that...I made a MR twin that was perfect...rode it until it became a mess of q-cell and delam. In light of the fun that I've had on those boards, I thought why not give it another go with the twin...however, rather than a typical "fish/retro" I am going to go for another HP twin. Pretty much this board will be based upon an Akila Aipa Twin...love the looks of his boards and even had Brian Wynn make a similar shape that went really well! Anyway, here is my template that I made a while ago...I'll have more pics to come over the next few weeks walking through the entire process...