LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In a state of flux
    Posts
    3,102
    yep, years of idiocy have driven me to be a grumpy old bastard.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleheadedyogurtslinger View Post
    I have surfline premium. It's nice. I don't have to only rely on swellinfo and I can afford 8.99/month. ballin!!!! It's nice being able to watch the HD cams for hours on end if you want to. I'll pull up pipe or west oz or wherever is firing, put on some tunes, and go full screen while I think about the bongs thread.

    Now that you mention it, surfline's long range pretty much agrees with swellinfo's predictions for this weekends swell in the mid atlantic +/- a foot.

    OP check out this great site it's called magicseaweed..... (hehehe)
    +1 ^^^ This

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lewes, DE
    Posts
    5,377
    Images
    121
    To the original poster...

    On quick moving systems off the east coast, the forecast is totally dependent upon the weather models, which are updated 4 times per day. When there are changes in how the models reflect systems moving across the country and off the coast, then these are reflected in the surf forecast. There is no trickery going on here...

    Sooner or later, we will have a full tutorial section that explains the nuances you see in the forecasts.
    Hope that helps you understand how the forecasts can go up and down during the forecast updates.

  4. #24
    Swellinfo
    I don't know how you have patience to keep answering to people that have no clue

  5. The waves suck on the east coast. Pick up a new hobby or go on a surf trip. Otherwise stop complaining, its not the forecasters fault that you live in a place with waves 5 times a year. Move to California and surf everyday or be quiet

  6. #26
    such anger issues... do you guys talk to people like that in person? i must be a kook, b/c i made a post that nobody likes. oh wait, no, its because i accused swellinfo of being motivated by advertising dollars. why don't ya'll go surf, instead of just talking about it. its firing out there and crowded. that will get your agro up.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by im way better than you View Post
    The waves suck on the east coast. Pick up a new hobby or go on a surf trip. Otherwise stop complaining, its not the forecasters fault that you live in a place with waves 5 times a year. Move to California and surf everyday or be quiet
    Look, the guy was a moron for starting this thread in the first place, but saying there are NO waves on the E. Coast is total BS. No it's not quite West Coast or Hawaii, but I score waaaaaaaaaay more than 5 times per year, as i'm sure most of the ppl on here do. The E. Coast actually has GREAT waves, if you know when to go and actually surf the E. Coast regularly, you would know this. Sure, it goes flat every now and then, but last I checked, so does Pipe, Rincon, etc., that is all...

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    435
    Images
    3
    Swell info is such a nice guy. Great explanation. Good sight!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    A State of Confusion
    Posts
    1,498
    Quote Originally Posted by mp1 View Post
    such anger issues... do you guys talk to people like that in person? i must be a kook, b/c i made a post that nobody likes. oh wait, no, its because i accused swellinfo of being motivated by advertising dollars. why don't ya'll go surf, instead of just talking about it. its firing out there and crowded. that will get your agro up.
    You dumb ass moron the reason the site is free is because there are ads. I think eveyone's issue with you is that your first post is *****ing at the operators of this site and accusing them of being motivated by money when they are just trying to give a forecast. If you want ad free forecats go pay for Surf Line otherwise shut up you douche.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    You dumb ass moron the reason the site is free is because there are ads. I think eveyone's issue with you is that your first post is *****ing at the operators of this site and accusing them of being motivated by money when they are just trying to give a forecast. If you want ad free forecats go pay for Surf Line otherwise shut up you douche!
    As a paying customer, even Surfline has ads, lots of them