LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

OCMD banning stand up

Ocean City has recently decided to ban standup bodyboarding and the use of bodyboards that are over 42 inches tall. This is yet pointless law aimed at eliminating all fun at the beach. Most lifeguards tasked with enforcing this rule do not approve. Citizens and visitors should be outraged. Please attend mondays town council meeting and contact the new city manager @ 410-289-8887.

The meeting is Monday at 6:30pm, appericate any and all help we could get. Go to catch surfs facebook page to learn more and join the cause.
    Take back the beach!

This is ridiculous. Looks like their is a lot of people against it which is good. Someone made a good comment that people are allowed to rent scooters and those mini cars and swerve down costal highway without helmets, but you can't use a bodyboard in the ocean.

Ridiculous. They should only be concerned with an honest effort (regardless how long term) to finding a solution for the shorebreak, and then budgeting for it. I don't bodyboard, but I know they (bodyboarders) are not the danger - waves pounding on sand is.
    I hope many show up to the town council meeting.

Excellent point about the dumb*ss mini-cars.

When I saw the tag-line I thought they meant "OCMD bans stand up paddling"...I was ready to move down there!

Quote Originally Posted by thetoeguy View Post
    When I saw the tag-line I thought they meant "OCMD bans stand up paddling"...I was ready to move down there!
    Don't hate the equipment, hate the morons that don't know how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by thetoeguy View Post
    same!! SUPs in the line-up are straight up DANGEROUS!

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    same!! SUPs in the line-up are straight up DANGEROUS!
    Stupid noobs who don't know surf ettiquette on SUP's in lineups are straight up DANDEROUS! Fixed...

What the hell is standup bodyboarding? Are talking about drop-knee? Or kids that actually stand up and "surf" on their bodyboards? OR, are they trying to target those "beater" boards?

Quote Originally Posted by ziptiespec View Post
    What the hell is standup bodyboarding? Are talking about drop-knee? Or kids that actually stand up and "surf" on their bodyboards?
    why not just surf right?

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    why not just surf right?
    It really has to do with the beater boards. They are longer bodyboards used to stand up so you can surf from 10-5 without being restricted to the surf beach. Also you can do more spins and tricks on a stand up BB because you don't have fins.