LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    being the best wave on the E. Coast and all...
    lol. gotta love floridians

...Most people can't even stand up on them without falling, it takes practice. The 1st time I took mine to the surf it humbled me instantly, don't knock it till you try it...
    True that! I never expected my shins to be so tired from trying to balance the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by travy View Post
    lol. gotta love floridians
    Ya, you're right, NY absolutely goes off regularly doesn't it.... GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post
    True that! I never expected my shins to be so tired from trying to balance the thing.
    HAHA, Yep, In all seriousness, the 1st time i took mine to the beach my legs trembled so bad I thought I was in an earthquake. Now I laugh at how bad I was at 1st, it's crazy but once you get the hang of it the learning curve speeds up quite a bit. But you get to a point where you hit a wall and really gotta spend time working on turns and such.

Ya, you're right, NY absolutely goes off regularly doesn't it.... GTFO
    Probably about as regularly as Florida or anywhere else on this sorry coast.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    also, congrats on the engagement. i'll be getting married myself next july.
    Thank you BTW, and congrats to you as well! Rincon PR for my honeymoon, can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    no, SUPs who bail their boards at the first sign of whitewater & let it go careening through the line-up are dangerous. too bad that's all of them.

i've found that as long as you're a decent surfer, the lack of etiquette found in most SUPs isn't a big issue & can be dealt w/. the fact that they let loose a tanker in the line-up whenever they wipe out &/or bail their boards is the bigger problem & a massive safety issue. like the douchebag who wasn't wearing a leash & lost his barge 4 out of 4 waves i saw him "ride".
    SUPs don't belong in the line-up. end of discussion.
    I am sure glad I don't surf where you guys do. The SUP surfers I see at my spot are all pretty decent, and the ones who aren't go surf by themselves.

That's a fair response, and I can see where you are coming from. Things are just different here, we don't have much of a crowd issue, and I surf all the spot in FL you would think would be crowded, being the best wave on the E. Coast and all, but it's really not much of an issue, there are those days, but generally speaking I can have a peak all to myself or just a few people around and not too far away from the Jetty either. SUP's belong just as much as short boards, long boards, sponge, etc., it's just a matter of skill level, ettiquette, and common sense. If things get too crowded, I move away, it's simple. I plan on expanding my quiver too, i'll be picking up a 6'4"-6'6" short board this fall, and by next spring i'll probably pick up a 9.5"-10ft Log too. I'm greedy or I just really enjoy having options, I want all kinds of boards and I want to use them all, i'm really that simple, has nothing to do with anything else.
    The only thing a real surfer rides is a 6'2" thruster, white with black fins, black traction, and a black leash. EVERYTHING else is for kooks.

Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    Probably about as regularly as Florida or anywhere else on this sorry coast.
    You get waves yes, but not nearly as consistent as the OBX or New Smyrna, that's a fact, not an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    The only thing a real surfer rides is a 6'2" thruster, white with black fins, black traction, and a black leash. EVERYTHING else is for kooks.
    Hey buddy, long time no talk. Hit me up on PM if you get a sec. 6'2" thruster huh, i'll add that to my list of boards, that way i'll fit in...