LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Question LifeProof iPhone cases

So, you may have noticed that the top thread on the forum main page, we are promoting the LifeProof iPhone case.

First off, yes Swellinfo makes a little bit of money if you click on the link and then buy a case, but that is not why we put it up (since hardly anyone will buy one from clicking there).

I added it because, I'm pretty stoked on the case, and just bought one myself. And, thought it might be a case others on here might want.

We posted a Facebook discussion a few days ago, but I wanted to post here, to ask if anyone has the LifeProof, and how they like it?

I haven't fully tested mine yet. For me, I'm on the beach a lot, and so I get a ton of sand in my pockets and occasionally drop my phone in the sand (yikes!). I'm sure the case will keep me covered for those occasions, but have you guys taken them out in the water (like on a boat or jet ski or anything?).

I figured it would be good also when I go Mountain Biking, skiing, etc...

I can say, that I like the look and feel of the case. I thought it was going to be more bulky, but its actually similar to my previous case and is very light weight. Pretty sweet product if you don't mind dropping $79 to protect your phone - it definitely isn't a cheap case.

I just recently bought one too. So far I like it, I've taken it to the beach, gotten it sandy and it's been fine. I've put it underwater in pools and it's been fine although that scares me a bit. It doesn't stick to your pocket either which is nice. The only downsides are the screen is a little harder to press but you get used to it. Also the headphone jack requires an adaptor to use headphones but it comes with it. So to listen to music you either need the adaptor or take off the case. I got mine on amazon for around 60$

Images
    Ya, the touch screen is slightly less sensitive going through chase, but its pretty minor.
    I like that you don't have to use a screen protector, which always gets super dirty. So, the screen seems much clearer.

Someone needs to go make a phone call from under water...... YOU FIRST!

I wanna see someone put it on the go pro adapter and surf with in on their board, then I'll buy one

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Someone needs to go make a phone call from under water...... YOU FIRST!
    It works. I haven't done it but I've seen videos of people facetiming underwater. Obviously the conversation was very one sided. A friend of mine has this case and started cleaning his boat, got done and couldn't find his phone. He searched everywhere and found it in the bottom of the boat in about 4" of water working just fine.

I have the otterbox which is great againt drops and bumps. I plan on upgrading as soon as the iphone 5 comes out and I'll get the lifeproof at that point.

Has anyone actually gone surfing with one of these yet? I'm in the process of rebuilding a water damaged iPhone 4 that I scored thinking I was going to buy a LifeProof. I was buying some parts from A-plus Elc. and the guys who work there said, don't do it, that they see a couple of water damaged phones a week due to LifeProof cases. User error maybe? Perhaps they were exaggerating. Maybe it's the same guy every time, I did see a Fisker Karma on my street today, people have more money 'n sense round here. I mean an electric, eco-friendly muscle car? Ha, you think all that Chinese Lithium is mined in an environmentally responsible manner? You ever wonder why they invaded Tibet? It wasn't cause they hated Budhism.

Tangent, the iPhone wouldn't be a great loss, I'm into this thing 20$ an I still have my ol' Evo; but it's been a pain. I had to order a T1 torx wrench off the interwebs and some 4.3mm screws Philips so I could ditch the pentalobes. Couldn't buy either local, in a town of 3mil. So after all this BS, I'm not too keen about droppin' 6-7 times (case, head phones, armband) what i've put into the phone itself on something that'll cause salt water damage, which is a killer.

So, besides some YouTube vids of people using these, anybody on this board surf with one regularly? I have to wear ear plugs to surf, swim laps, etc. There might as well be tunes coming out of them.

i have the case. i have put it under water so many times and have taken videos under the pool with it. I recently recieved the lifeproof lifejacket so that i can now surf and take videos or pictures with it. i will post pictures once i take a few. i threw my phone in my pool with the lifejacket on and my friend called me while it was in the middle of the pool. and if anything does happen to my phone. then its my fault and for trying thats all.

Thanks man. Good testimonial. Letting some connectors dry off right now. Post some pics. Still want one from someone who surfs with the thing.

Has anyone noticed a decrease in audio quality or volume using the case? I noticed a huge difference in audio quality when using the speaker phone with the Otterbox. The case really muffled my speech for the person I was talking to. People would always complain they couldn't hear me. I'm just wondering if it's the same for Lifeproof.