LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

BP advertisement

There was a BP ad at the top of my forecast home page. I can't remember why, but I'm pretty sure I don't like BP.

Images
    Ad networks, like Google, fill the open ad space that Swellinfo doesn't sell directly.
    So, these aren't hand picked by Swellinfo...

reminder: BP spilled about a gillion gallons of oil in the Gulf... Please don't forget, why you don't like them...
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Jul 12, 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    There was a BP ad at the top of my forecast home page. I can't remember why, but I'm pretty sure I don't like BP.
    Think oil spill in the Gulf... it'll come to you

Images
    Yewww... on it! I kinda figured as much. Sorry the BP ad had to pop up on your site then. No doubt BP pays top dollar for ad space, but I wouldn't want to be the guy taking the check.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Ad networks, like Google, fill the open ad space that Swellinfo doesn't sell directly.
    So, these aren't hand picked by Swellinfo...

reminder: BP spilled about a gillion gallons of oil in the Gulf... Please don't forget, why you don't like them...
    I eat a lot of fish from the Gulf, I have yet to get sick from any of it, but that doesn't mean it isn't doing harm long term. I wonder how good of a clean up job they are doing, or if it's pretty much impossible to clear up such a mess.

Images
    I remember hearing some really bad stories of people getting sick shortly after the cleanup after was started. Anyone in the Gulf have any stories to tell - good or bad?

Images
    I don't know how to do the quote thing but, you guys actually thought I forgot why BP blows? C'mon. I figured the statement was profound enough for the sarcasm to be immediately detected. I would need to be pretty dumb (too dumb to use a computer) or pretty secluded to have missed that oil spill.

Images
    Under each thread, to the bottom right is "reply", "reply with quote", etc...

Sarcasm often doesn't translate well on the internet (unless you use parenthesis and write sarcasm with a smiley face) .

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I don't know how to do the quote thing but, you guys actually thought I forgot why BP blows? C'mon. I figured the statement was profound enough for the sarcasm to be immediately detected. I would need to be pretty dumb (too dumb to use a computer) or pretty secluded to have missed that oil spill.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I eat a lot of fish from the Gulf, I have yet to get sick from any of it, but that doesn't mean it isn't doing harm long term. I wonder how good of a clean up job they are doing, or if it's pretty much impossible to clear up such a mess.
    Not that this in any way makes the BP spill ok, nor does it mean everything is back to normal, but somebody told me about this and I went and looked up an article. It looks like natural bacteria have actually done a large part of the clean up themselves! The earth can be pretty cool sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by endless_strummer View Post
    Not that this in any way makes the BP spill ok, nor does it mean everything is back to normal, but somebody told me about this and I went and looked up an article. It looks like natural bacteria have actually done a large part of the clean up themselves! The earth can be pretty cool sometimes...
    That is cool, the earth is pretty amazing