LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Thumbs up Bermuda high swell

It looks like we are finally going to see the Bermuda High kick into place Friday and Saturday. This is going to setup some E/SE fetch towards the southern half of the east coast Sunday and Monday. Small to fun sized medium period swells. Of course OBX will get the best of it, as they always do.

At times, the Bermuda high can stay in places for long periods of time, and that is when we get those small, but consistent stretches of summer time surf. I certainly wouldn't mind if that would happen.

+1,000,000 on this SI. Fingers crossed!

Images
    Be nice if it helped the Gulf out.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by natkitchen View Post
    Be nice if it helped the Gulf out.
    Ya, sorry... I guess I'm a little self centered in my forum posts...

whew good thing I didn't break all of my boards earlier in the week on that 3 ft day. I still have this wavejet and some stand-up's and I'm coming to OBX to straight up terrorize only the most popular spots! Way too sharky and scary to surf alone. Anyways how else can I get like 100 pictures by M^2 and be all over the cover of ESM gnarling a 40 footer and chugging a bottle of listerine! I might even fight someone over it! WHEEEWWW!!!
    Last edited by purpleheadedyogurtslinger; Jul 13, 2012 at 12:26 PM.

Images
    that would top off the warm water!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purpleheadedyogurtslinger View Post
    whew good thing I didn't break all of my boards earlier in the week on that 3 ft day. I still have this wavejet and some stand-up's and I'm coming to OBX to straight up terrorize only the most popular spots! Way too sharky and scary to surf alone. Anyways how else can I get like 100 pictures by M^2 and be all over the cover of ESM gnarling a 40 footer and chugging a bottle of listerine! I might even fight someone over it! WHEEEWWW!!!
    Dude, I'll bring my jet ski and I'll tow you in on the Wavejet! Garret McNamara aint got nothing on the NC XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXL Crew! Make Mark Healey look like a little girl.

In all seriousness, it seems like every other system that has lumbered through this spring and summer has stalled out in the ocean for a decent amount of time. Maybe this will hang around for about a week. I need it, I need to be a better person.

yeah, in all seriousness, I can't wait for a few days of good clean summer surf. To top it off, it won't be 100F out either. I'm stoked.

Images
    Ya, its going to be a minor swell event... But its JULY! So, we take what we can get...
    I'm just happy to see that Bermuda High slide into place for a couple days.