LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    The Bermuda High owes you nothing!
    love it. lol.
    no but seriously.... ny/nj better be included in this!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Whaler View Post
    In Soviet Russia Bermuda high surfs you
    lmao.....

I can't wait for this stuff to fill in, 3 days of waist high peelers on my off days. I saw it forecasted about 10 days out, I'm glad it came through. Last night was fun down here. We had some chest to shoulder with occ head high set down at pendleton

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    I hear you man. I spent about 8 years on that lovely body of water before I moved back to the east coast. It can get unbearably flat on the GC.
    Wait! You mean there are sh*ttier places than the east coast?! No

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    I am bringing my hydrofoil with my jet ski so I can tow in to those monsters.
    WaveJet or go home

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    I thought when a Bermuda high is in place we get real nice weather along with a flat ocean? I guess I was wrong.
    The Bermuda High, is as you might expect a high pressure system that sits over Bermuda.
    If it is ideally situated, it can increase the trade winds that blow in the northern Carribbean region and send ESE fetch/swell our way. Its usually felt from Central Florida through Delmarva...

When we get those 2-3' ground swell type days in the summer, this is usually the source. Ground swell is not really the best term, as the periods are usually around 9-11 seconds..

Whats good about these systems is sometimes they can hang around for a long time. This upcoming system looks to only hang for a couple of days, but hopefully it re-establishes itself in the near future...

In July and August, the frontal systems are usually pretty weak, so if we can get a Bermuda High system, then its a good thing.

Is this swell that's due to arrive Sunday really from a Bermuda High, or rather the counterclockwise rotation that's been spinning ENE of the Bahamas for several days, or a combo of both? Been eyeing that low for days thinking it would materilize into something tropical?

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/nwatl/flash-avn.html

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    The Bermuda High, is as you might expect a high pressure system that sits over Bermuda.
    If it is ideally situated, it can increase the trade winds that blow in the northern Carribbean region and send ESE fetch/swell our way. Its usually felt from Central Florida through Delmarva...

When we get those 2-3' ground swell type days in the summer, this is usually the source. Ground swell is not really the best term, as the periods are usually around 9-11 seconds..

Whats good about these systems is sometimes they can hang around for a long time. This upcoming system looks to only hang for a couple of days, but hopefully it re-establishes itself in the near future...

In July and August, the frontal systems are usually pretty weak, so if we can get a Bermuda High system, then its a good thing.
    I appreciate your response, thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed explanation.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post

so you're saying theres a chance for it to re-establish and last longer? let's hope so. tryin to hit up nags head monday

waves

WE are starting to get a little bump down here in Florida, I should be hanging five in about an hour. SURFS UP!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    expectations for the monmouth county region?
    SI doesn't do a surf forecast for Monmouth County? I think they do. Why do people try to get a personal surf forecast out of a thread on a surf forecasting website? Try: Forecast - East coast USA - mid Atlantic - Monmouth County. A detailed answer to your question is there with pretty charts and all. If you ask the forum for the forecast we'll probably send you to the beach with an 8'0'' gun and a 6\4 wetsuit to ride 2 ft surf in 80 degree water.