LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any advice on shipping a board???

Hey guys, so i've been here in la jolla for a couple weeks and i purchased a new board but i gotta ship it back to NJ soon and i want to avoid paying the greedy airline fees. Any advice on shipping this board back to NJ for a cheap price?

Images
    I think the cheapest is y greyhound bus... You just have to pick it up at the terminal. I know there's a terminal in AC, NJ, don't know where else. Something like $50

Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    I think the cheapest is y greyhound bus... You just have to pick it up at the terminal. I know there's a terminal in AC, NJ, don't know where else. Something like $50
    thanks man

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    +1 on shipping with greyhound being cheapest. I recently shipped a board to Florida and the greyhound quote was like $60. UPS and Fedex were over twice that.

I would be pretty serious about packing /padding the board if you ship it by bus.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    +1 on shipping with greyhound being cheapest. I recently shipped a board to Florida and the greyhound quote was like $60. UPS and Fedex were over twice that.

I would be pretty serious about packing /padding the board if you ship it by bus.
    Yeah pipe foam on the rails, bubble wrap and cover the nose and tail with a towel or pillows work good, either have a board bag or have a box and throw some packing peanuts in the mix too.

Images
    I would stick some of those cardboard support blocks in there if you can find any, like the ones that come in tv boxes and such. also packing it in a board bag within the box wouldnt be bad either with the peanuts. better safe than sorry

The easiest And best thing to do is probably send word to NJ that you found paradise and use the money you would spend on a plane ticket for rent. Youre in La jolla... Go surf blacks and think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by redrum540 View Post
    The easiest And best thing to do is probably send word to NJ that you found paradise and use the money you would spend on a plane ticket for rent. Youre in La jolla... Go surf blacks and think about it.
    hahaha true that this place is paradise compared to ****ty ol nj

okay thanks man. Yeah ups wanted like 160 for my Rocket screw that

Go back to Jersey ya' pizza gahbidge! Isn't that how y'all greet each other? On a more serious and helpful note, go to Mitch's and plunk down the little money you have left after enriching our local economy (thanks), and have them professionally pack that new potato chip. They might even be able to kick some free packing material your way if you don't want to shell out the clams.