LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Not another....El Nino

I was reading a report from N.O.A.A., they said another El Nino is starting to form, which will decrease the formation of hurricanes in the Atlantic, the downside from a surfing standpoint, the upside would be more of a colder and more nor'easters comming through in the winter which equals to more surf in the winter, has anyone heard this report also

Yes, a lot of us have seen this. It is a matter for discussion. I haven't looked at the data in a few weeks, but last time I looked they were predicting the transition sometime in either late summer/early fall. It would suppress the formation of hurricanes, but at the same time would push the jet streams into latitudes that favour more nor'easters. But those predictions are based on past history of what has occured. The caveat to all this is that some weird crap is happening in the big picture. Not a lot is being said in either the main stream media or some other sites, but if you dig through the material a little deeper you'll see something not quite right is going on.

I believe that the last El nino season that we had there weren't a whole bunch of NEasters but there was one big one during the fall a few years back. The real BIG one might be coming soon....

el nino = hopefully more snow in the northeast for those boarders and skiers out there

Images
    Mr. Flying eye can you elaborate on this, not meaning to be a smarta$$ but it sounds to me like a little, 2012, end of the world stuff...what is quite not right, that the main stream media or other sites arent telling us...Im just curious and I gotta know

"El Nino", Spanish for "The Nino."

And yes, everybody panic.

Images
    "El Nino", Spanish for "The Nino."
    Ha Ha Chris Farley is awesome.

Images
    I was just picturing Chris Farley yelling, "El Nino!"

Im going with the flow, do you know how often those guys are wrong!! Surfs Up.

50 years storm is brewing. And when it comes, ill be there.