LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    i just got my lb back from the shop. i have been getting snaked for about 2 weeks now from this older guy on a 9ft fierson lb down at croatan and i cant wait to hog every wave from him. he has no idea how fast i can paddle on that mofo....tis war!

LOL And speaking of longboarding, how much harder or different is it to take into the lineup? I used to believe they were pretty easy to get over top of 3 to 4 footers but I'm not so sure I'm correct in the assumption. My funboard coasts right over some tall waves with no need of me having to turtle. Is the longboard going to be that much different paddling out? Any tips you can share?
    Quote Originally Posted by super fish View Post
    i just got my lb back from the shop. i have been getting snaked for about 2 weeks now from this older guy on a 9ft fierson lb down at croatan and i cant wait to hog every wave from him. he has no idea how fast i can paddle on that mofo....tis war!

Woke up early this morning to get a DP in before work and managed to slip on the stairs with board in hand...two dings on the rails. That didn't take long.

Quote Originally Posted by gruvi View Post
    And I hear the Elevator is a smooth ride, is thiz true? People say the levitator is similar.
    The Elevator is a more streamlined version of the Levitator. From my experience, the Elevator is more versatile than the Levitator (mostly due to the pulled in nose); however, the Levitator is more stable down the line and the nose riding ability is epic.

When my Levitator comes in, I plan on using it for clean waves that are average in size. I will then use my Elevator for everything in between, especially on larger waves. Again, the more pulled in nose allows for more play in large surf and in mush. The Levitator is legendary in nose rides and in stability. I can't even imagine riding a Levitator on California waves. Totally worth bringing on a trip.

Images
    LOL And speaking of longboarding, how much harder or different is it to take into the lineup? I used to believe they were pretty easy to get over top of 3 to 4 footers but I'm not so sure I'm correct in the assumption. My funboard coasts right over some tall waves with no need of me having to turtle. Is the longboard going to be that much different paddling out? Any tips you can share?
    Holy Shnikees Gruvi is that really you????

Images
    it is easy once you figure out how to do it. there was a thread not too long ago that talked about getting a longboard out to the lineup. it just takes practice. it sucked transitioning to a 9'10 after riding my 6'0 sweet potato today...after getting the short board feel, i may just transfer over. my sp can catch everything and turn really well, so i kinda don't fee l like taking the big arse lb around with me anymore.

Gruvi, welcome back, man don't stay gone that long...people are just messing with you on here. How's that board you had made a while back? Have you been riding it? Yeah, it's definitely going to be different with a longboard, the round nose will make it harder to get through the whitewash, but just turtle roll for now until you can figure out a better way. Keep the stoke! And have fun!

I used to come here with the stoke, and I got pummeled for it.
    Are you kidding?You my friend are a Swellinfo Legend headed to the Swellinfo Hall of Fame.People will be talking about you for many,many,many years to come.Keep your stoke.

Nah... Gruvi's a douche.

i used to come here with the stoke, and i got pummeled for it.
    hahahahahhahahahahaha classic return of the gruvi!!!!!