LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    First off, you're right - I did "imply" that you may use "those words to demean a specific person's character." I came to that conclusion through your thread and your posts that followed. I have every right to "imply" as that is my opinion. You have the right to imply that I am an "imbecile" and that I "missed you," as that is your opinion and I am not going to try and force you to change your opinion. Going back to my original quote, it was clearly a joke - relax.
    Fine, fair enough.

That's awesome that you were in the Thousand Islands - great place to sail, from personal experience.
    It is indeed beautiful up there.

I wouldn't go to the extreme that I was "insinuating" what you would say; although, I was definitely implying what you might say.
    I'm not quite sure I'm entirely clear on the distinction you're trying to make here, but fine. I don't really intend to get into a semantic quibble so all I'll say is that you're wrong about what I would say. I think people who threaten violence over sloppy waves are ridiculous, regardless of whether or not they have illusions of their own importance or ability.

You're reading too far into this forum. If you were seriously offended by my comment(s), then I truly apologize. Let's bury the hatchet and this thread.
    Acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Did you wear a funny hat? If one is yachting in the Canadian Thousand Islands, one must have a funny, little yachting cap to wear on your dinghy. That and a knife to fend off the sharks and pirates. Seriously, dredging up this thread is awesomesauce. My sailing cap is off to you skipper! Sail the Canadian Thousand Islands the exotic and sunny rocks right off Intersate 81! Adventure awaits!
    You can say what you want about the Thousand Islands, but I had a great time in a beautiful place. Aside from getting a bit more crowded on the tail end from the influx of Québécois frenchies on Construction Holiday, it was a fabulous break. And the people are great up there. Maybe more Canadians should learn to surf and more Americans should quit. Food for thought.

....and their salad dressing is delicious

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    ....and their salad dressing is delicious
    I prefer Catalina Island Dressing

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop John B. View Post
    I'm not quite sure I'm entirely clear on the distinction you're trying to make here, but fine. I don't really intend to get into a semantic quibble so all I'll say is that you're wrong about what I would say.
    "Insinuate" is a negative connotation on "imply." I was not trying to imply neither a negative nor a positive spin on my opinion.

Glad that we can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    I prefer Catalina Island Dressing
    I prefer Catalina Island Dressing at the Catalina Wine Mixer.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    I prefer Catalina Island Dressing at the Catalina Wine Mixer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAle_jIK2dQ

Images
    hey...whenever "boating" in "strange waters," always wear a cap on your dinghy.... be safe my friends....

While you guys whine and cry over a crowded beach, which happens every summer. Just like ski slopes in the winter. I'll be out surfing. And I have a mouth if someone is being s D head I will let them know. I'm no giant but I will stand up for myself and others when idiots are on the beach. Usually, when you let them know they will chill out. If its too crowded I will just go with my girl and do another type of surfing which is good as the ocean.

Images
    guys... please...summer pros....

surfing rules?

lincoln will always be like this. that is why i haven't surfed there in years and i've lived in lb my whole life. 10 miles of beachbreak = not dealing with that bs.