LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bullfrog makes a spray on that works really good. Doesn't drip and protects very well. It costs about 9 bucks, and only lasts me about a week in the summer. I try to always use sunscreen, and apply at least 10-20 minutes before heading out, but I don't apply to my belly because sunscreen makes the wax slick.

I use Banana Boat spray. Its easy enough to get on your back by yourself, is no rub, and seems to work. It doesn't work to well on the face though. The first duck dive and its in your eyes.

Images
    i usually end up forgetting and just get burned...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    Bullfrog makes a spray on that works really good. Doesn't drip and protects very well. It costs about 9 bucks, and only lasts me about a week in the summer. I try to always use sunscreen, and apply at least 10-20 minutes before heading out, but I don't apply to my belly because sunscreen makes the wax slick.
    I second that - one application of bullfrog lasts me 3 hrs in the water and they make a waterproof one with bug repellant built in that is fantastic for offshore wind at assateague

wow dlrouen, that is really good info!

Earl of funk, I used to surf seaside pear ll the time before i moved west! KEEP IT GOING!!!! WOO, also great feedback in this post. THANK YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool View Post
    Yeah man, I've had 4 "non-symmetrical" melanoma growths removed that were caused by being out in the sun (surfing,fishing, etc) The first 30 years of my life I never wore sunscreen. The last 20 I've been trying but who the hell wants to get out of the water when there are good waves to re-apply? The irony is that I make sure my kids are covered in the stuff and I make them paddle in to re-apply. I need to get them out of the water anyway because they think it's funny now to snake the old man. Don't worry if you are ever surfing in Sea Isle or OCNJ and see a crazy looking old guy with a big beard strangling a tall lanky kid with a blond mop top like Homer strangles Bart, it's just me and my oldest.

You and ten othere wrote it in! Im sorry I forgot way to keep me on my toes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    btw, I did the survey. I let you know I can't believe I had to write in "fishing." Come on man, tighten up!

zaGaffer I have 7 years surfing under my belt, east coast new jersey to up and down baja and cali, to northern africa!
    but on the second point of your post here is the enticement! If everyone who took teh survey no liars! would pm me, I would gladly send them a promo code when in i come to market. I doing it for us, so try not to be so cynical Sniffer! Im just trying to make life better for us

PS THANKYOU Everyone, I really appreciate your time!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool View Post
    Yeah man, I've had 4 "non-symmetrical" melanoma growths removed that were caused by being out in the sun (surfing,fishing, etc) The first 30 years of my life I never wore sunscreen. The last 20 I've been trying but who the hell wants to get out of the water when there are good waves to re-apply? The irony is that I make sure my kids are covered in the stuff and I make them paddle in to re-apply. I need to get them out of the water anyway because they think it's funny now to snake the old man. Don't worry if you are ever surfing in Sea Isle or OCNJ and see a crazy looking old guy with a big beard strangling a tall lanky kid with a blond mop top like Homer strangles Bart, it's just me and my oldest.

I hear ya Earl.........Malignant melanoma on my lower back in 2004. Was at the dermis/epidermis junction so I had to have a wide excission and a lympnode removed. At 40 my Derm. told me i had the sun exposure of a 65 yr old. Nasty scar but I think the worst part was when they snatched the drain out that had been stitched in. I have to go every 6 months and get crap cut off me. Rashguards and sunblock from now on. Don't take the risk...............
    Attached Images Attached Images