LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    it might be more rational to take a breath and count to ten. then either converse with the guy in a more civil tone or maybe just let it go and enjoy surfing.

but that is not easy to do. especially if you've just been run over by a Kayak.

how does the offender learn if you just let it go. I agree to cool off then talk, but not the 'let it go' part.

This type of thread pops up once a week in the Summer. It was only a month ago that myself, Pumpmaster, Lee, and others got our asses chewed out by the shiny, happy people on here for saying that breaks need to be regulated and educated. Not by violence and cussing but by educating people, talking to newbies and groms. Gotta learn to walk before you run. You don't walk into a karate Dojo for the first time and challenge the Sensei in charge. You learn from him, you let him teach you the right path to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Funk/Duke of Cool View Post
    This type of thread pops up once a week in the Summer. It was only a month ago that myself, Pumpmaster, Lee, and others got our asses chewed out by the shiny, happy people on here for saying that breaks need to be regulated and educated. Not by violence and cussing but by educating people, talking to newbies and groms. Gotta learn to walk before you run. You don't walk into a karate Dojo for the first time and challenge the Sensei in charge. You learn from him, you let him teach you the right path to take.
    Difference being you actually pay the Sensei to teach you, you can't just walk in and join the class without paying 1st

actually when I started kenpo I did a week of classes without paying to see if I liked it

BUT, getting back on topic, what do you do when somebody has no clue in the water? Seems to me like running away does nothing but encourage the bad behavior......

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    actually when I started kenpo I did a week of classes without paying to see if I liked it

BUT, getting back on topic, what do you do when somebody has no clue in the water? Seems to me like running away does nothing but encourage the bad behavior......
    Free week trial huh, not bad, but you know what i meant.

its not just people having no clue... a big problem is also with the aggo dbags who are making a deciscion to forgo all lineup etiquitte and turn the water into the paddle battle of the year... then acting aggressive if you tell them to knock the **** off.... with like 5 to 10 of his like minded friends doing the same ****. All you can do it just drop in on them like they are doing to you.... summer really has a way of sucking sometimes...

I'm not getting how lack of etiquette has anything to do with paddle battles?

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    ...summer really has a way of sucking sometimes.
    Bikinis in the line-up, warm water, sunny days, plenty of light in the morning for a sesh, plenty of light after work for a sesh, crystal-clear blue water. Don't worry, it will be over before you know it. They seem to get shorter with each passing year. Just 49 more days untill the kick-off of football. Which being a Charger fan will blow.

how does the offender learn if you just let it go. I agree to cool off then talk, but not the 'let it go' part.

They don't. but they might not no matter what you do. I guess it all depends on the situation. maybe its the right thing to help people new to surfing figure it all out. Aloha. but i'm no surf guru. i'd rather just go surfing. from what i read of your posts pumpmaster you seem to regulate out there and here when it is needed and thats cool. because you do i don't have too. i think if we surfed the same spots we'd be alright. and i've have your back when you needed it. But id rather try to respect the line up im in and if I do and people see me doing it and getting waves maybe that respect will brush off. I'm also trying not to let it bother me when there is no respect. that is not easy.

I'm not getting how lack of etiquette has anything to do with paddle battles?
    Ok.... dbag takes wave, I move into the inside spot off the rocks... a bit of a wave lull and dbag has time to paddle right back to the spot where I am, current is moving people off the prime spot, now dbag has paddle his ass off to get the inside spot, eventhough you are paddling to maintain this spot.... wave comes and its now a paddle battle for who is getting it... lineup etiquette has been disregaurded... no?