LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    we walks along the beach to the OTHER side of the rock jetti and then paddles over the rocks to now be on the inside.... I want to kick the sh..i..t out of this dbag but he's got like 10 buddies sitting on beach.... that is the only think keeping me from getting outright in his face... so I the lineup gets krapped on everytime this guy is out...
    That sucks. Definitely requires a lesson in the finer points of surf etiquette. "...walks along the beach..." So he gets a ride, rides it all the way in and then walks the sand to get a better spot in the line-up? Hillarious.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    That sucks. Definitely requires a lesson in the finer points of surf etiquette. "...walks along the beach..." So he gets a ride, rides it all the way in and then walks the sand to get a better spot in the line-up? Hillarious.
    yeah pretty much... and in the occasion that he can't get to the wave he is yelling at the top of his lungs for his buddy(ies) to start paddling into an oncoming wave no matter where said buddy(ies) is in the lineup....

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Out on the island
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    yeah pretty much... and in the occasion that he can't get to the wave he is yelling at the top of his lungs for his buddy(ies) to start paddling into an oncoming wave no matter where said buddy(ies) is in the lineup....
    are you guys against the walk around always? sometime there can be a pretty strong sweep. i've paddled out and just drifted with it hitting peaks along the way. then i walk out and do it again. never seemed to be an issue with anyone. usally a sweep like that spreads everyone out.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BELMAR, NJ
    Posts
    1,349
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    That sucks. Definitely requires a lesson in the finer points of surf etiquette. "...walks along the beach..." So he gets a ride, rides it all the way in and then walks the sand to get a better spot in the line-up? Hillarious.
    happens all the time in jersey... paddles right out to the peak....

    It would be such a great time if we all just surfed together... actually, i take that back, it would be a circus... lol

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BELMAR, NJ
    Posts
    1,349
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    are you guys against the walk around always? sometime there can be a pretty strong sweep. i've paddled out and just drifted with it hitting peaks along the way. then i walk out and do it again. never seemed to be an issue with anyone. usally a sweep like that spreads everyone out.
    i think they are talking in the context of walking around (and paddle out the opposite side of the jetty) in order to gain the peak position. Someone who walks around and paddles out and takes the first wave asap... then continue to do the same....

    I think we all understand if there is a current- plus you are correct that everyone will get spread out too...
    Last edited by walkingonh2o; Jul 18, 2012 at 06:54 PM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    are you guys against the walk around always? sometime there can be a pretty strong sweep. i've paddled out and just drifted with it hitting peaks along the way. then i walk out and do it again. never seemed to be an issue with anyone. usally a sweep like that spreads everyone out.
    C'mon... lol. you think that is what the situation here is? yeah sure when the current is pushing that hard everyone is doing it. But its not usually pushing that hard....

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Out on the island
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    i think they are talking in the context of walking around (and paddle out the opposite side of the jetty) in order to gain the peak position. Someone who walks around and paddles out and takes the first wave asap... then continue to do the same....
    i get it. that guy is super douche

    im talking about when the sweep is on a beach break. like with a hurricane. guys are just drifting through catching waves and then get out and walk around. im OK with it just wanted to see what others think.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    i think they are talking in the context of walking around (and paddle out the opposite side of the jetty) in order to gain the peak position. Someone who walks around and paddles out and takes the first wave asap... then continue to do the same....
    yeah that's what Im saying... normally I would say something but this dbag is under the impression he's a tuff guy, but Im not really interesting in getting into with his 5 to 10- 18 and 19 yo buddies who are just out looking for a fight.... its really ridiculous... I've been surfing that beach for over 25years and know everyone here... but these little tool bags (some are local, some are friends from brooklyn/queens nonlocals) have steaked a claim to the spot and think they are the only locals who surf it... its just ridiculous...

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stayin' Classy in San Diego
    Posts
    1,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay4060 View Post
    i get it. that guy is super douche

    im talking about when the sweep is on a beach break. like with a hurricane. guys are just drifting through catching waves and then get out and walk around. im OK with it just wanted to see what others think.
    No man, a rip current that carries me a couple of hundred yards down the beach in a matter of a few minutes, is not one I want to be fighting against. IMuch easier at that point to just catch one in and hoof it back to the break, rinse and repeat. Nobody'd look at you funny. They're doin' the same thing or sittin' on the beach. This clown though, he's a piece of work from what ol' Fitz is describin'.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Out on the island
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    yeah that's what Im saying... normally I would say something but this dbag is under the impression he's a tuff guy, but Im not really interesting in getting into with his 5 to 10- 18 and 19 yo buddies who are just out looking for a fight.... its really ridiculous... I've been surfing that beach for over 25years and know everyone here... but these little tool bags (some are local, some are friends from brooklyn/queens nonlocals) have steaked a claim to the spot and think they are the only locals who surf it... its just ridiculous...
    sounds ridiculous to me.
    let them have the spot. Dbags attract more Dbags then maybe all the Dbags will be in one place so that other spots go Dbag free. that place will be a giant D bag baitball