You know I just moved here from SC. I have been surfing for six years and I know that there is not alot of "big surf" but we do get some nice swells every once in a while. When I came to NJ I was thinking that it was like SC, just with jetties. I went out a couple of times and had alot of fun. Then about a week ago some people call me from work saiding that I need to paddle out it was huge. So I get my wetsuit and head out. I was expecting head high like they said but to me it was double to triple over head. Yea I will say I was scared and was out for two hours and did not catch anything....so I had a bad day, I let my nerves get to me. Now back at work all this talk is going on that I am full of sh*t and dont know anything. What is that about? One thing I hate is when people see someone surf for one day and then judge them.. You dont know if they are having a bad day or maybe in my case just have not been exposed to that "big" surf.......................just wanted to say to everyone that is reading this
DON'T JUDGE UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THE PERSON