LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There were chest high sets yesterday for sure. Nothing close to head high.

Awh sh!t dawg down here in NC it was head high all morning, but I'm 5'7" and was squatting or pig dogging below my waist line. So yeah head high, right?... Not. Still, I got barreled, had fun and surfed my brains out!

Only at the peek of the set waves was it 3-4. Heck in Hawaii it would be like someone just flushed the toilet... Tiny.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum540 View Post
    Awh sh!t dawg down here in NC it was head high all morning, but I'm 5'7" and was squatting or pig dogging below my waist line. So yeah head high, right?... Not. Still, I got barreled, had fun and surfed my brains out!

Only at the peek of the set waves was it 3-4. Heck in Hawaii it would be like someone just flushed the toilet... Tiny.
    The Outer Banks got it much bigger then other locations as well.

Sunday before the wind switched it was head high on the set in south Rodanthe. Great surfing.

definitely still summer around here

Thanks all for the feedback guys. I realized that the dude who said it was head high has never surfed anywhere besides the mid atlantic. Check out the fiji pro at cloudbreak last month.. they (pro tour guys) were calling it 6-8 ft.
    So... head high on a three foot short period swell..? hell no.
    But it was super fun anyway and the water was crystal clear and so warm!

Quote Originally Posted by purpleheadedyogurtslinger View Post
    Sunday before the wind switched it was head high on the set in south Rodanthe. Great surfing.
    speaking of.. how were the new inlets working? and are there any beach restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by parippa View Post
    speaking of.. how were the new inlets working? and are there any beach restrictions?
    yes the inlet is working great if you like surfing in a crowd.
    Last edited by purpleheadedyogurtslinger; Jul 18, 2012 at 05:38 PM.

Woooo! Can't wait for September!
    thanks for the tip