Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Surf Colleges

May I ask what your SAT scores were?

Quote Originally Posted by nysurfer94 View Post
    I am currently attending the University of Hawaii at Manoa this fall 2012 semester as an incoming freshman. Im an 18 year old surf addict from Long Island, New York and believe me, I am 100% stoked on this school choice. I figured focusing on school and surfing was the best way to go. Schools in California are very hard to get into, especially for out of staters. I applied to San Diego State and didn't get in. If you have average grades, You will have no problem getting in to UH Manoa since they want more out of state students. UH Manoa is an excellent school academically speaking offering over 200 degrees in Bachelor's, Master's, and Doctoral major fields. Not to mention the North Shores a 45 minute car ride away from the campus....you cant beat it dude. Its the perfect place to go to college if surfing is a priority for you. Ill post UH Manoa's website below, it's got a lot of info you'll need if your considering this school. Hope I helped and maybe ill see you out there!

http://manoa.hawaii.edu/
    May I ask what your SAT scores were?

Quote Originally Posted by cresto4 View Post
    denali parkway? highway to yakutat? uaa best? not too sure what you're talking about here.Attachment 5438Attachment 5439
    How's it hanging up there, cresto? Sounds like I definitey botched the whole AK thing up. It's been more than 10 years since I was up there, so please excuse my lack of direction. We took a sea plane somewhere, but I don't remember exactly where we went. I didn't think it was Yakutat, but I could be wrong.

I visited a few schools when I was up there and UAA seemed to be pretty legit. I didn't look into the school's curriculum and history, but I would much rather be in Anchorage than Fairbanks. Schooling aside, Ketchikan is my favorite city. I spotted a massive shark tooth - megalodon? - from a footbridge, but I couldn't find a way to climb down. I still think about that tooth....

You've got some beautiful country up there, cresto. Next time you're in Juneau, grab a Freeride for me at Red Dog Saloon.

I would go to California. I had a great time at UNCW but outside of surfers and nc, people will look at your resume with a confused look on their face. Sure it's gotten harder to get into but it's still school at the beach, which doesn't create a great academic environment. Good waves are maybe twice a month and it gets crowded. I live in NYC now and although it gets good occasionally, it still has the typical east coast problems. Knee high short period wind swell is the norm unless you've got a hurricane or nor'easter. Lot of guys get off surfing in 35 water with snow on the beach and 30 mph offshore winds. That's cool but California on an average day is as good and you won't be in a survival situation.

Images
    1. Brown University
    2. University of Rhode Island(tell 'em you're from Jersey)
    3. Pepperdine University - if you like summer courses and crowds
    4. The Richard J Stockton College of NJ(Get and education and become a gambling addict)
    5. University of NC-Wilmington(maybe Erock will rent you a room. He likes UNCW students and you may run into Jennelle Evans from Teen Mom 2)
    6. University of Maryland - Salisbury
    7. Harvard University
    8. Fresno State
    9. Any school north of the Golden Gate Bridge(wear Nikes, smoke weed, and complain aboot corporate America)
    10. Rutgers University - Camden(This one's for you, WalkingonH20)

Try northern mich univ. in Marquette. Da U P eh. Storm surfing in the bay is awesome. Ya think jersey is cold not even close. Bring a 5mm suit. There is no line ups to wait in and no sharks, just sea cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    5. University of NC-Wilmington(maybe Erock will rent you a room. He likes UNCW students and you may run into Jennelle Evans from Teen Mom 2)

Hahaha! I think Jennelle is locked up on yet another drug charge or something of the sort.

I'll make a deal to the UNCW students who want to rent a room: $5,000/month. That way I can ensure it will be some rich kid from the Northeast. I know I'll get it because I'll sell the idea to their folks like it's a status symbol--they always fall for that.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I'll make a deal to the UNCW students who want to rent a room: $5,000/month. That way I can ensure it will be some rich kid from the Northeast. I know I'll get it because I'll sell the idea to their folks like it's a status symbol--they always fall for that.
    You can also sell yourself as their personal manservant. Call yourself Cadbury. Sheet, rent out a few rooms(build them if you have to), and you could make this your new career.

Sell packages.

5,000/month gets them basic shelter(their own room and limited kitchen access) and breakfast. A safe place to drink, and slight suggestions as to the best local sandbars.

7,500/month....Shelter, breakfast and dinner, one night's cab service to that decadent bar youse guys have down there, and they get to surf with you

10,000/month(The Greenwich, CT Plan) gets shelter, breakfast, sack lunch, and dinner. Full Cadbury manservant service with all whims and desires catered to(nothing sexual). 10 free waves at Masonboro per month and liquor buying services for those under-21. Package also includes: One Polo Golf Shirt; two pairs of Abercrombie shorts, and a Hollister sweatshirt for those nippy fall evenings. And a pair of penny loafers available for rent.

Wow, you might have something here..

Aww smack, dude, I'm going to look up that county jail of yours and send her a letter(Jenelle). Or is she in prison?

Yes, I'm dead serious. Man, maybe, just maybe, she'd come live with me after she gets out. That would be awesome. Ok I have some research to do.........

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    You can also sell yourself as their personal manservant. Call yourself Cadbury. Sheet, rent out a few rooms(build them if you have to), and you could make this your new career.

Sell packages.

5,000/month gets them basic shelter(their own room and limited kitchen access) and breakfast. A safe place to drink, and slight suggestions as to the best local sandbars.

7,500/month....Shelter, breakfast and dinner, one night's cab service to that decadent bar youse guys have down there, and they get to surf with you

10,000/month(The Greenwich, CT Plan) gets shelter, breakfast, sack lunch, and dinner. Full Cadbury manservant service with all whims and desires catered to(nothing sexual). 10 free waves at Masonboro per month and liquor buying services for those under-21. Package also includes: One Polo Golf Shirt; two pairs of Abercrombie shorts, and a Hollister sweatshirt for those nippy fall evenings. And a pair of penny loafers available for rent.

Wow, you might have something here..

Aww smack, dude, I'm going to look up that county jail of yours and send her a letter(Jenelle). Or is she in prison?

Yes, I'm dead serious. Man, maybe, just maybe, she'd come live with me after she gets out. That would be awesome. Ok I have some research to do.........
    Solid business plan, but does the 10k plan offer get-out-of-jail-free card? If so, that would be ideal. You know how those rich boys like getting into trouble on their parents dime