LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Surf Colleges

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    5. University of NC-Wilmington(maybe Erock will rent you a room. He likes UNCW students and you may run into Jennelle Evans from Teen Mom 2)

    Hahaha! I think Jennelle is locked up on yet another drug charge or something of the sort.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    I'll make a deal to the UNCW students who want to rent a room: $5,000/month. That way I can ensure it will be some rich kid from the Northeast. I know I'll get it because I'll sell the idea to their folks like it's a status symbol--they always fall for that.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I'll make a deal to the UNCW students who want to rent a room: $5,000/month. That way I can ensure it will be some rich kid from the Northeast. I know I'll get it because I'll sell the idea to their folks like it's a status symbol--they always fall for that.
    You can also sell yourself as their personal manservant. Call yourself Cadbury. Sheet, rent out a few rooms(build them if you have to), and you could make this your new career.

    Sell packages.

    5,000/month gets them basic shelter(their own room and limited kitchen access) and breakfast. A safe place to drink, and slight suggestions as to the best local sandbars.

    7,500/month....Shelter, breakfast and dinner, one night's cab service to that decadent bar youse guys have down there, and they get to surf with you

    10,000/month(The Greenwich, CT Plan) gets shelter, breakfast, sack lunch, and dinner. Full Cadbury manservant service with all whims and desires catered to(nothing sexual). 10 free waves at Masonboro per month and liquor buying services for those under-21. Package also includes: One Polo Golf Shirt; two pairs of Abercrombie shorts, and a Hollister sweatshirt for those nippy fall evenings. And a pair of penny loafers available for rent.

    Wow, you might have something here..

    Aww smack, dude, I'm going to look up that county jail of yours and send her a letter(Jenelle). Or is she in prison?

    Yes, I'm dead serious. Man, maybe, just maybe, she'd come live with me after she gets out. That would be awesome. Ok I have some research to do.........

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    You can also sell yourself as their personal manservant. Call yourself Cadbury. Sheet, rent out a few rooms(build them if you have to), and you could make this your new career.

    Sell packages.

    5,000/month gets them basic shelter(their own room and limited kitchen access) and breakfast. A safe place to drink, and slight suggestions as to the best local sandbars.

    7,500/month....Shelter, breakfast and dinner, one night's cab service to that decadent bar youse guys have down there, and they get to surf with you

    10,000/month(The Greenwich, CT Plan) gets shelter, breakfast, sack lunch, and dinner. Full Cadbury manservant service with all whims and desires catered to(nothing sexual). 10 free waves at Masonboro per month and liquor buying services for those under-21. Package also includes: One Polo Golf Shirt; two pairs of Abercrombie shorts, and a Hollister sweatshirt for those nippy fall evenings. And a pair of penny loafers available for rent.

    Wow, you might have something here..

    Aww smack, dude, I'm going to look up that county jail of yours and send her a letter(Jenelle). Or is she in prison?

    Yes, I'm dead serious. Man, maybe, just maybe, she'd come live with me after she gets out. That would be awesome. Ok I have some research to do.........
    Solid business plan, but does the 10k plan offer get-out-of-jail-free card? If so, that would be ideal. You know how those rich boys like getting into trouble on their parents dime

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Jetty Bear View Post
    You can also sell yourself as their personal manservant. Call yourself Cadbury. Sheet, rent out a few rooms(build them if you have to), and you could make this your new career.

    Sell packages.

    5,000/month gets them basic shelter(their own room and limited kitchen access) and breakfast. A safe place to drink, and slight suggestions as to the best local sandbars.

    7,500/month....Shelter, breakfast and dinner, one night's cab service to that decadent bar youse guys have down there, and they get to surf with you

    10,000/month(The Greenwich, CT Plan) gets shelter, breakfast, sack lunch, and dinner. Full Cadbury manservant service with all whims and desires catered to(nothing sexual). 10 free waves at Masonboro per month and liquor buying services for those under-21. Package also includes: One Polo Golf Shirt; two pairs of Abercrombie shorts, and a Hollister sweatshirt for those nippy fall evenings. And a pair of penny loafers available for rent.

    Wow, you might have something here..

    Aww smack, dude, I'm going to look up that county jail of yours and send her a letter(Jenelle). Or is she in prison?

    Yes, I'm dead serious. Man, maybe, just maybe, she'd come live with me after she gets out. That would be awesome. Ok I have some research to do.........

    You're on to something here. Except I would hire a Cadbury and/or a Coddsworth to do the dirty work. And what "decadent" bar are you referencing? I'll just take them to the Barbary, I love watching preppies getting scared when entering that joint.

    I think I need to add a frat-esque aspect to this thing to make sure I'm attracting the richest rubes. I'll call it the "Alpha Sigma Sigma House."

    I know some good lawyers for those dudes who's dads own dealerships, SUP. I'm not going to offer a whole GOOJF Card unless they want to pay an extra 5k/month. That ought to pay for extradition insurance.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Also, the Interwebbies is a great place to figure out how much these things are gonna cost your illustrious benefactors. Do some independent research MAN, you're going to college. All these schools list their tuitions online. Craigslist or zillow will give you the cost of housing. I will tell you, the best thing in this life you can learn how to figure out, is how much something is actually going to cost. A.K.A. cost/benefit analysis. Makes the Earth keep spinning on it's axis apparently.
    Ha - if these knuckleheads spent 5 minutes googling instead of immediately asking some forum their question, this place would have half the activity it does now. Why bother putting the effort in when you can just ask someone else to do it for you?

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    1,557
    Images
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by zrich View Post
    Ha - if these knuckleheads spent 5 minutes googling instead of immediately asking some forum their question, this place would have half the activity it does now. Why bother putting the effort in when you can just ask someone else to do it for you?
    Wow, we have a practical thinking person here. Might have to get rid of this guy. That's a joke, by-the-way

    Well, the ones with the easily researchable questions like to feel helpless, and by axing questions they become "part of the scene." We all know how humans desire to be a "part of something."

    Then the dudes who answer(and yeah, I reckon I'm guilty myself) get to feel knowledgeable, and feel like surf predictin' website superiors - like heroes, even..

    It's a vicious cycle........

    Some questions require some sense of psychic ability on part of the respondent:

    "Hey I'm going to the Outer Banks July 10-17.......Do youse guys think there will be any waves down/up there?"

    When a respondent makes a bold prediction, concerning these types of questions, they set themselves up to either be heroes of the supernatural world, or complete "fall-on-your face" zeroes. Tricky situation.

  8. #48
    Or you can do what I did and get as "close as you can" to California without actually being in California and pay the out of state tuition to go to Arizona State University. That school was awesome and I did get to surf Cali 2 weekends a month but man those trips got rough after a few years. Honestly though it made me appreciate the ocean ten times more than I did previously and it made me love the sport of surfing even more. I know I would never live more than an hour from the ocean ever again.

    If I were you surf05, I'd do exactly what ERock said and go to california, enroll in a CC, and get the in-state tuition after 2 years, transfer into any UC school you want, and call it a life.

    Remember that college is a business and like all businesses they operate for profit. Don't get caught up in the prestige. The name of the game is "avoid student loans." Unless your parents are wealthy or you are getting a scholarship then don't do it any other way. I was 70k in the hole and it took me a lot of sacrifice to get out of it..and I'm still not completely out of student debt.

    Funny how this nation has turned its youth into a credit card, maxing them out with debt, recruiting them for war, and telling them they "deserve" the best. Dude, I hope you take the community college approach because if I could have done it all over again I absolutely would have done it. Save yourself the money, the stress, and get your waves. Then get into your UC school.

    One last piece of advice...get a degree in math, science, or something that involves critical and scientific thinking. I am an engineer and I have lots of options. My buddies majored in english, history, music, physchology...they are all jobless now. Well one of them is an english professor now but he knew he wanted that from the beginning and he was one of those guys who scored nearly perfect on the SAT's.

    But anyway, good luck man

  9. #49
    uwi west indies, costs me the same as in state FL tuition and there are awesome setups all around the island

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wilmington
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by rickysteez View Post
    uwi west indies, costs me the same as in state FL tuition and there are awesome setups all around the island
    Do exchanges with UWI (btw, UWI West Indies is redundant but I assume you were drunk when writing this), don't go there as your sole university. You won't get a job or have a damn hard time finding one after graduating.