LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It also had the best glass job I've ever seen, especially the custom glassed on fin

For the last few months I've been playing around with fins, going from single to the 2+1 setups, and I have almost made up my mind that I prefer surfing with the 2+1. I like the added maneuverability and quick response, even for a longboard. There is still a time and a place for using the single fin, but thats really how I rode my boards for a few years, so a whole world was opened up to me once I added more fins, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Current setup:
    Last edited by McLovin; Jul 22, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

Well since we are throwing links out there making single shorties look good by having top pros ride them in good conditions.... I like this one from Redux

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQFH_...ture=endscreen

still not sold on it for east coast average joe tho....

stop surfing, all of you. ehhh looks like its gonna be 1-2ft tomorrow, yay. simmons.

So, I was looking at a couple vids on youtube about the single fin surfing... and came across this guy's board...
    Looks like an interesting design for increasing the performance of a single fin.. but I feel like the hull design would be adding drag instead of adding drive???
    http://www.polferhull.com/

whats the point? Looks like anything the average pro could do better on a thruster. Cool that he turned his cuttys into tail slides but most likely cause the ones he didn't he lost his speed or slides out on the redirection anyway. Still not sold. cool vid tho........

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    The only singlefin I have is my log.

If you're talking about modern performance surfing, forget the singlefin. A thruster or quad is the best. Twin fins, like the MR twin, and retro fish with twin keels have their advantages, but not for modern performance surfing.

But... it depends on your expectations. If you're after the feel of a singlefin shortboard, then that's the only thing that will scratch that itch. A few years ago I rode a friend's rounded pin single in glassy, head high, barreling surf and was getting some unbelievable tubrides. Just so smooth... like a big old Cadillac. No outrunning the tube. No twitchy adjustments. No Huntington hops. Just effortless, smooth, with-the-wave surfing.
    sounds like a sick day.