LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Gsi $$$?

Coil is definitely worth the money. I am not sure where you guys are getting your customs from but I have quite a few... actually I have only bought 2 boards off the rack at a shop. I don't think I have every payed under 600$ for a custom board with shipping. 700$ is not bad at all plus the quality of these boards are insane. I bought my first coil 3 years ago...it has been through hell. Costa Rica twice and calif about 3 times now. The board still has not one single ding and still has the same pop as it did when I first bought it. Since I got my first coil I have ordered 3 more boards from them (one is a step-up that went insane at blacks in CA) and haven't looked back since. I don't even have the urge to try another "company". I don't even like posting about them because less people know and order boards the sooner they get my orders done.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Glass View Post
    I have a Webber Fatburner ( no longer made I think ). It's regular polyester/polyurethane construction. The glass job has held up well and it's the best all 'round board I've ever ridden. It's made in Thailand by people who definitely do not surf but they do make boards all day long every day. Almost all boards today are computer assist shaped and then finished by hand, just like GSI. I only paid 299.00 new. That was a deal. I took it to Barbados at Christmas and an English guy was there who was familiar with Webbers and didn't have a problem. He thought they made good boards. I think the hostility is an American thing. As far as the 700.00 goes, that's for the new Epoxy vacuum bagged process they have ( over a regular shaped blank ). I haven't surfed one but they're probably strong and light and if designed by somebody like Greg Webber ( used to shape boards for Taj ) who knows their stuff they'll be a good board. For 700.00 I might buy domestic just to avoid the stink eye.
    If I was to buy any non custom board online(you know I wont do that though) it would be a Webber........... All polys are made 2x4 with a 3/4 on the deck. Just the way I have mine made. Very durable stick.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    save up. if you can scratch the $$$ together to buy a $#!tty chinese "surfboard", you can come up w/ an extra $100-200 for a good custom board from your local shaper.
    saying you can only afford a crappy popout instead of a decent board is a justification for laziness.
    Thank You!!!.....I pay $400 up to 7' and 9' starts at $500 for polys. from my local shaper who guaranties his work. Not gonna get that online or from shops selling market boards.